Monday, 1 August 2016

Challenge 42


Welcome to August crafters.

It's been nice to see some sunshine for the last couple of weeks although I know a few of you will have been struggling with the high temperatures.

Barbara and the Clarity team have been busy with the first two weeks of retreats in Crowborough with another week to come in August.  Were you one of the lucky people to be able to go this year?  I know that you've all been coming away with loads of ideas to try at home.


*******


Our new challenge theme for August is "FUSSY CUTTING".

For those that don't know what this means, it's simply cutting out an image following the outline rather than a regular shape.  It may be cutting around your image, a pattern on your designer papers or with groovi it can be the picot edging around your artwork.

If you're looking for inspiration of course we have the design team on hand to share their artwork with you to give you a helping hand.

Have fun designing and can't wait to see the entries.

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)


(Guest Designer - Winner from challenge 40)

Hi everyone, my name's Linda.  I've been married for 36 years, have 2 children and 2 grandchildren and I live in a small village 2 miles from Edenbridge.

I have done some sort of crafting since I was about 22, knitting picture jumpers and making clothes for the kids.

I first saw Barbara, and her brayer, when she was demonstrating at the Victoria Hall in Lingfield.  It was a 2 day event and I was so impressed that I went back for the second day to watch her again.  The rest, they say, is history and have been hooked on Clarity products ever since.

I've been to four retreats now in Cowden and Crowborough, always learning so much.

I hope you like my design using picot cutting on my parchment design.

Good luck with the challenge everyone.




********


There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project via email to us an we'll enter it for you

    claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

    If you have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us. We will answer as quickly as we can in the the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength.  We can't do this without you!

    We hope you have fun with this challenge  and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st August (GMT) to enter.




    xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


    15 comments:

    1. Congrulations Linda I do like your parchment card. Xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congratulations Linda on your win and what a wonderful parchment card, so much work gone into it. Well done. x

      ReplyDelete
    3. Congratulations Linda so much has gone into your parchment card xxx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Linda congratulation o. winning Clarity challenge love your card nice e to have you working with us x

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a gorgeous variety of cards from the DT! Well done Linda, I love your octagon design.

      I was lucky enough to go to a retreat last week, and tried picot cutting for the first time. So I might give that a go this month - although if it all goes terribly I'll fall back on the stamps and stencils!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Lovely to meet you Linda. Hope you've enjoyed choosing your Clarity goodies with your voucher.
      That's a pretty parchment card you've made as inspiration for others to join in this month's "Fussy Cutting" Challenge.
      Keep up the fab Groovi artwork. Carole x

      ReplyDelete
    7. Congratulations Linda, have fun spending your voucher. A very pretty parchment card with lots of fussy cutting, just right for this months's challenge. x

      ReplyDelete
    8. A lovely parchment card Linda. Congratulations on your win, hope you enjoyed spending the voucher. x

      ReplyDelete
    9. Hi Linda,
      Lovely to meet you and learn a little of your crafting journey. Your guest designer card is lovely and very pretty. I hope you enjoy spending your voucher - I'm saving mine for Leyburn! Love Alison xx

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thank you for your lovely comments..I remembered the term 'fussy cutting from when I did patchwork quilts so based my card on that .. didn't take long to spend my voucher plus a bit more at the retreats lol 😁😁

      ReplyDelete
    11. Well done Linda, lovely card xx

      ReplyDelete
    12. Congrats Linda. I love the style of the design for the 'fussy cutting ' challenge that you have made. Excellent work xx

      ReplyDelete
    13. Congratulations Linda. Lovely card.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Congratulations Linda! Gorgeous card and from the DT too! I have joined in, Yay! Haven't managed for ages! xxx

      ReplyDelete
    15. Stunning inspiration from you all. Lovely to see your elegant and beautiful work Linda. Hugs xxx

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx