Sunday, 1 May 2016

Challenge 39


Hello and welcome to May and a fresh new challenge!


********

The beginning of May is traditionally seen as a celebration, no not just because we get an additional day off work, but back through history the first of the May was seen as a day of saying goodbye to the harsh months of winter and welcoming in the flowers of summer. This meant a time of festivities and the May Pole dance.

Can you remember doing this at school or at a village festival?



********

Don't forget that Barbara will be on Hochanda today (1st May) at 2pm and 5pm where she will be demonstrating some of the many trusted techniques including using the brayer.  So if you find mastering the art of a smooth and even background, then Barb's your girl!


Later on the same day, Barbara will be launching a new One Day Special on Hochanda, so tune in at 7pm, it's something very special!!!  Barbara will also be continuing with the One Day Special on Monday 2nd May.  Will it be a sell out again?


********




Have you bought your ticket for the open days day in Crowborough, East Sussex?.  Click on the picture above for more details.



Barbara has now put on general release the dates of the Crowborough 2 day retreats. Why not treat yourself and book a place?  Click on the picture above for more details.



There are also tickets on sale for a one day open day at Leyburn in North Yorkshire.  Click on the picture above for more details.



********


The theme of this months' challenge is "ANYTHING GOES" although you must of course use Clarity products.  It can be any of them - or all of them!!!!  How creative can you get? Will you go for clean or messy?  Grungy or balanced?  Card or parchment?

Whatever you decide, this is the month to go for it!!!

Is this going to be the best month ever?  Shall we try and hit a 100 entries?  Well that's down to you.

We look forward to seeing your entries, all of them.  Good luck!


********

As usual the design team have been busy providing us with some wonderful inspiration. Don't forget to click on their names or their artwork as it will take you to their personal blog where they will explain how they reached the finished result.

Carol
(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)


Shelagh
(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)
(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)


Lesley
(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)


Linda
(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)


Barbara
(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)


Emma
(click on my name or photo to go to my blog)

(Guest Designer - Winner from challenge 37)


Hello my name is Christine, I also answer to Mum, Mumina (my daughter calls me that) Grandma and darling.  I have been married for 45 years this year and have 3 grown up children and four grandchildren aged between the ages of 6 and 18.  My granddaughter, who is 11, now loves making cards with me when we get together. 
  
I have always crafted, learning to crochet before I could knit at the age of 11.  I also used my dressmaking skills when our three children were little. 

I came into card making after having time out after a stressful job as a counsellor in mental health and found it helped me to relax and let go of the stress, as it does for many others. 
I have a lot of stuff but as we live on a narrow boat, I only have room for so much stash and it has more room than my drawer of clothes!! 

I met Barbara about 14 years ago, well I say I met her, I did chat to her very briefly in amongst all the other people crowding around her stand at the NEC!  She was, and still is, a generous, kind person, willing to share her knowledge and skills.  I remember watching her create such beautiful pictures with a brayer and inks and how she stretched the use of the stamps and how things all worked together. I have followed her ever since! 

I had not entered a challenge until the Clarity Challenge this year and winning in March was amazing and I was delighted and thrilled to be asked to be guest designer for this months challenge.

I have taken my inspiration from a stamped card I saw using script sayings, I hope you like it. 



********


There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project via email to us an we'll enter it for you

    claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

    If you have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us. We will answer as quickly as we can in the the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength.  We can't do this without you!

    We hope you have fun with this challenge  and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st May (GMT) to enter.




    xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


    14 comments:

    1. Well done Christine on wining the Clarity challenge nice to be working with you this month love your idea for this card xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congratulations on winning the challenge love your card. Xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Congratulation Christine and love your card.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Well done on winning the challenge! Love the balloons! x

      ReplyDelete
    5. Congratulations how stunning is your card so much colour beautiful crafting hugs Sheila xxx

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a fabulous Design Christine. I like it!!!! Congratulations and enjoy spending your voucher. Looking forward to seeing more of you fabulous work. xx

      ReplyDelete
    7. Congratulations Christine. Fabulous design, love those word balloon strings x

      ReplyDelete
    8. What a great card Christine. I hope you enjoy spending your voucher. Xxx

      ReplyDelete
    9. Congratulations Christine, I love the balloons with strings xx

      ReplyDelete
    10. Lovely card Christine and well done on winning the challenge. xx

      ReplyDelete
    11. Congratulations on your win Christine. Your design is lovely and the colours make it zing! Hope to see more of your work in the other challenges. x

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Christine, a bright and beautiful card including some great ideas. ;~}

      ReplyDelete
    13. Lovely cheerful card Christine, well dine on winning the challenge.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Fabulous design Christine really bright and cheery .....lots of masking too xx

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx