Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Challenge 34


Welcome to December Clarity crafters!

Only 24 more sleeps until Christmas Day, are you all ready?  Have you got your tree up yet?  I need to wait until after the 16th as it's my husbands birthday.

Who managed to buy things in the Gray Day sale?  WOW what a fantastic sale that was with a massive 33% off all Clarity products.

Barbara will be on our TV screens again on Sunday 6th December between 14.00 and 16.00 on HOCHANDA.  Tune into Sky 663 / Freeview 39 / Freesat 817 to watch her in action.


********


The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Thursday. Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout December:

A Christmas Story
(using Clarity stamps/stencils/groovi ONLY)


'Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la la la...

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...

Oh Christmas tree , oh Christmas tree...

Silent night, silent night...

This challenge is your interpretation of a Christmas story.  There are plenty of stamps, stencils and Groovi products to choose from, so come on give it a go!!

Always remember to read the rules to avoid your entry being disqualified.

Good luck with the challenge!!









(Guest Designer - Winner from challenge 32)

I'm Penny Hewitt and I live in a beautiful log cabin in North Devon with my partner Dennis.  I am a Mum and Grandma with 5 grandchildren.  Where does the time go?

I have always been a crafty sort of person, dabbling in watercolour paints for many years but photography is my passion.  However, I have just recently started making hand crafted cards.

Being a keen photographer, and wishing to share my photos with others, I started making photo cards and they became a great success.  Then around this time last year I thought I am sure I could expand my art work and so handmade cards developed.

I would say I'm very new to entering blog challenges, but so enjoy the challenge and to get the "old" brain working.  Boy this month's challenge "A Christmas Story" has had me going round in circles trying this and that and it not being "just right", but I think I have got there now.

I would say I am a perfectionist in my work, so if it's not right with me then it's not right.  I wanted to try the Groovi plates and this new form of art.  I used the mother and child plate along with the netting plate. I have tried to replicate a stained glass window by using colours behind the white worked panes of glass, finally mounting the finished card on silver mirri board and then onto a deep purple card base.

I feel this card is the essence of Christmas with the birth of a new child whom we celebrate each year on Christmas Day.

Here's Pennys' guest designer card for the current challenge:




********


There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you
claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st December(GMT) to enter.





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


17 comments:

  1. Welcome Penny to the design team this month love your project very nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations your card is beautiful Penny. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beatiful card Penny, I recently purchased that Groovi plate as I love the heart shape that is formed around the mother and child, you have given me inspiration. Kathryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Penny. What a lovely card. I like your design. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. In one word - NO. I am nowhere near ready for Christmas. Panic. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Penny. I really like your beautiful card - a lovely interpretation of the Christmas Story. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Penny, and what a beautiful card, really stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Penny - ooo enjoy spending your voucher - there will be new stuff this weekend !!! love your design xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Penny, you've captured the real beauty of Christmas x My entry last month was disqualified and deleted as I accidently used the wrong sentiment stamp...All absolutely my own fault...And I did so love the card that I had made specially for the challenge x As a result I have organised all my sentiment stamps.... so you see something good comes out of everything! Fabulous inspiration again from the design team and I also want to thank you for all the inspiration for 2015...I have loved it and learnt so much from you ...Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely comments, thank you. I'm so glad that something positive has come about by what happened. Every cloud as they say. I look forward to seeing many more entries y you. Xx
      Hugs
      Amanda xx

      Delete
    2. Most remiss of me not to respond, so sorry. It is very kind of you to comment and thank you. My stamps are stored in labelled boxes but even then, it takes more time to select even more than to produce the finished article!
      Kind regards,
      Shelagh. ;~}

      Delete
  10. Just popping in to say a big thank you to everyone for your lovely comments.

    Big crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Penny, enjoy spending your voucher. You have created a beautiful Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card enhanced by the delicate colouring. Hearty congratulations on your win and enjoy choosing your new Clarity goodies. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Penny! Enjoy choosing some new crafty goodies. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx