Friday, 1 May 2015

Challenge 27


Welcome to May Clarity crafters!

How many of you visited Barbara and the Clarity gang at the NEC last month?  I bet you picked up loads of hints and tips from the demos didn't you?  Isn't it great to see Barbara and Maria in action?

If you want to see Barbara and some of the Clarity design team in action, all under one roof, there are a few Clarity Open Days in the diary, so come along and check them out.  All events are ticket only so make sure you get yours and we look forward to seeing you. 




Just a reminder that Barbara is on our TV screens  on Create and Craft between 09.00 and 11.00 on on Sunday 3rd May.  As usual there will be a live chat on the Clarity facebook page with all the positve chat whilst Barbara is crafting away on the TV.  Make sure you've got a cuppa ready and waiting so that you don't have to leave the sofa!


********


The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Monday. Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout May:

Clocks
(using Clarity stamps/stencils ONLY)

Time is always ticking and we're always watching the clock aren't we?.  We have appointments, the school run, getting to work on time and hopefully craft time too!  

We'd like you to use this challenge to explore the different ways of incorporating clocks into your artwork.

Please remember to read the rules to avoid your entry being disqualified.


You could win a £50 voucher if you are randomly selected as our winner at the end of the month and become our guest designer for the next challenge.

Good luck with the challenge!!

Here is a little bit of inspiration from the design team:




(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 25)


Hello, my name is Julie Smith and I am a 40 something youngster who has been crafting for the past 12 years, although I have always enjoyed making things, painting and generally getting messy since my childhood.  I was never one to be helping my mum with the house stuff, I was always with my dad in his garage or shed making "stuff".

Nowadays I like nothing more than going for a long walk with my dog and spending the rest of my free time with my family or getting messy in my craft room.

I was so pleased to be chosen as the winner of March's challenge and was thrilled to be asked to be a guest designer.  I hope you like my take on the clock challenge.


********


Here's Julie's guest designer card for the current challenge:



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you
claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st May(GMT) to enter.





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx 




18 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Julie. Your clock design is ab-fab, very creative and so beautifully bright & cheery and I'm sure it will inspire other crafters to have a go at this month's challenge. Have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Julie well done this clock is beautiful nice to meet you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, your clock is wonderful! Congratulations on winning last time and being GD! The DT makes are all fabulous too! Another fab challenge, I will have to get my thinking cap on! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, what a beautiful clock. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful design piece Julie. Wonderful colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely clock you have made and the colours are lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments ladies, they are very much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely clock Julie, with some great colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations and well done, Julie on your Clarity win. The bright and beautiful clock you have created is brilliant and will inspire many Clarity Challenge followers. ;~}

      Delete
  9. Your clock is beautiful, Julie. Love your colour scheme, it would brighten up any room. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say that you have surpassed yourselves this time. Clever samples xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Theresa. Looking forward to seeing what you do for this challenge. Hugs xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Theresa, it was fun exploring pastures new. Cannot wait to view your interpretation of the challenge!
      Best wishes,
      Shelagh ;~}

      Delete
    3. Thank you Theresa - time to craft for all you Clarity followers!
      Look forward to seeing your creation for this month's challenge.
      Have a lovely weekend x

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous design Julie, well done on winning. I love the colours on your clock.
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to meet you Julie congratulations on your win . This clock is fab, great colours and those flowers are brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a comment for Crafty Mitts (entry 21) - I've tried to comment direct on the blog but can't figure out how to! But I felt it was really important to express my support - it's a beautiful card and the designer shouldn't feel excluded from the challenge just because of the lack of a "clock" stamp. Here's the comment I wanted to make:

    This is a very pretty card - lovely colouring in the background, and a fantastic adaptation of the alium stamp to make it into a dandelion clock! Well done! I would encourage anyone to "think outside the box" - just because the theme of a challenge seems, at face value, to require a specific type of image, shouldn't mean you feel constrained to conform to that one interpretation. In fact, some of the most interesting designs can be the most unusual. Don't let anyone tell you that you haven't complied with the theme - this is your interpretation, and a very valid one.
    Good luck in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed your kind comments, when I popped back to see results! I thought it a bit miserable that there were no comments, previously I have had "thank you for entering replies"!

      I am fairly green when it comes to blogging, so I will have to ask my son to help me with this issue. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx