Friday, 22 August 2014

Spotlight on Amanda Openshaw - Top 5 from Challenge 17


For our current challenge "Feminine" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge which was an "Anything Goes" theme.  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



My name is Amanda and I am a divorced mother of 2 teenage boys whom I have bought up on my own for 14 years.  I live in a small village in East Yorkshire which is quite close to the coast.

I started card making about 10 years ago when I was ill over Christmas and couldn't work.  I spotted a card kit on Create and Craft and thought I would make my own Christmas cards.  That was it I was hooked!!  I started off small in my conservatory, but after a particularly hot summer when everything faded or melted (including me) I moved into the kitchen.

I have more recently moved into more home decor items and canvas wall art, which is why I am loving the Clarity stencils, plus as a single parent they are more affordable.  I saw Barbara on Create and Craft years ago and have always watched her shows and read her blog every day.  The Clarity products are far superior to most other crafting products and the artwork is always fabulous.  I love seeing what the design team have done with the stamps and stencils.


********

Here's Amandas artwork using one of the new elegant lady stencils:


Amanda entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. Well done Amanda on your Top 5 place. I love your card, really striking colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda's artwork is fabulous! I love the colours and the background is so cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. The background was a bit of happy accident with the gelli plate really, I thought it was a bit too bright, but it looked ok with the black to contrast.

      Delete
  3. I thought this was a great card Amanda, it really stood out for me. Well done on making the Top 5. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, it means a lot to have feedback when it's your first time. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx