Saturday, 5 July 2014

Spotlight on Susan White - Top 5 from Challenge 16


For our current challenge "Anything Goes" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge which was a masculine theme.  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.


********

Susan White

I’m originally from the London/Essex area and worked for many years in the NHS, firstly as a nurse and then as a senior manager.  Crafting has always been my way of de-stressing after work. When the NHS reorganisation gave me an excuse to do something different, I moved to Inverness with my partner, who is a photographer, and we now run a guest house.  The idea was to give us more time for our hobbies, but the reality is a little different!

I love all types of crafting (knitting, crochet, quilling, sewing, scrapbooking and card making) but stamping is my favourite vice!  I was first introduced to Clarity Stamps in a craft group in Barking (Essex) and then joined Barbara’s Project Club many years ago.  I attended one of the early Cowden workshops with my sister and was hooked.

One thing I miss since moving to the Highlands is that my crafty group of friends all still live in the south, so entering the Clarity Challenge has been an opportunity to share ideas and inspiration with a more distant group of fellow addicts. 

I was so delighted and amazed to have been chosen as one of the Top 5 for last month’s challenge as there were so many fabulous entries!  I used a stamp that I purchased at Pauline Stephen’s Clarity Scotland retreat in Perth last February and tried a new technique brayering Distress Inks onto a blending mat for the background and lifting it off with a canvas textured paper.

I just love all the new ideas and tips that Barbara’s daily blog is giving me, both with the mat, stencils, and the gelli plate. So many techniques, so little time...

********

Here's Susans artwork using a technique she learnt at a Clarity workshop:


Susan entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx