Saturday, 19 July 2014

Spotlight on Mandy Sullivan - Top 5 from Challenge 16


For our current challenge "Anything Goes" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge which was a masculine theme.  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.


********

Mandy Sullivan

Hi, my name's Mandy, I live in London and have been interested in making things for as long as I can remember.  I grew up on the Isle of Wight and as a child there was always knitting, sewing or cooking on the go at home and that brings back so many happy memories.

I love making cards and scrapbooking and have a collection of digi stamps, dies and craft CDs as well as my beloved rubber and clear stamps.  Oh and I'm not sure I should mention the size of my Clarity Stamp collection.  I made my first Clarity purchase in 2002 having seen an article called "Serenity" by Barbara in the Craft Stamper magazine.  I bought the Sleeping Child and Serenity Prayer as I fell in love with them and my collection has been growing ever since!

I signed up for the Clarity project club and then for the New Design Club as soon as that was launched, now I'm a gold member and get the new stencil projects too - woohoo.  So you see I really am hooked!

I love to visit craft blogs and facebook pages and enjoy commenting on other peoples fabulous creations, often wishing that I could design/colour as well as others do, but we all have different styles and ideas and there is a place for all of us no matter what our ability and experience.  After all we all had to start somewhere!  Me, I would describe my style of crafting as quite clean and simple, but like to have a go at something different now and again and want to stretch myself and learn new techniques and styles.

I make all of the cards that I send to friends and family (I don't think I'd be forgiven if I sent a bought one).  I sell some to friends and colleagues and have even made wedding invites and all the bits and bobs that go with them for a couple of friends.  This is hugely rewarding, although a bit stressful at times, and always have a stash of cards at home as I just can't stop creating.  My advice to anyone thinking about making cards; give it a go, dip your toe in, enjoy and be prepared to be addicted.

Finally I'd like to thank the Clarity Design Team for choosing my card as one of the top 5 form the June challenge and for giving me the opportunity to say hello to you all here.


********

Here's Mandy's artwork using Jazz Man:


If you'd like to see more of Mandys work please pop over
to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Mandy!


********


You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com


********

If you would like to find out more about the regular regional Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Check it out!

********

(click the button above and we'll take you straight there)

Are you keeping up to date with the Clarity YouTube channel?  Do you want to be notified when a new video comes online? Then all you have to do is subscribe and sit back and wait to be emailed.  You can view them over and over again.  It's just like having Barbara in your very own craft space.





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx