Monday, 16 June 2014

Spotlight on Shelagh Metselaar - Top 5 from Challenge 15


For our current challenge "Masculine" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "It's All In The Words"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



A great many thanks for selecting ‘My Words’ project as one of Top 5; to be chosen when there were so many lovely and inspiring entries is thrilling to say the least.

I began thinking about the challenge as soon as it was announced and I’m afraid it took me until more than halfway through the month to come up with my idea, although a little thing like a holiday did intervene. 

Whilst sifting through my collection of Clarity stamps, I remembered the Word Chains - Eureka! I also wished to use the Butterfly Collage stamp along with the Single Butterfly and the Journaling set and with these in mind, the old grey matter started working and the inspiration came from my previous life as a primary school teacher. One of my favourite topics was ‘Changes’ particularly life cycles as they inspired great Language, Science and Artwork and if I could combine all three in one then so much the better! You can now see where my idea was going. 

Having selected the words, the next challenge was how to incorporate each of them into a design. Ah - a book? No – an album? How about a star book/album? The fact that I had never made a star book before meant many sheets of copy paper later, a prototype was finally assembled. Onto the real thing then the stamping and inking – bliss!

Now it’s back to the drawing board or rather desk in craft room where thoughts turn to the ‘Masculine’ challenge.

********

Here's are couple of pictures of Shelaghs fantastic star book:




Shelagh entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. Well done on being in the Top 5 Shelagh, your book is amazing. Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really enjoyed making the book.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being in the Top 5 pick. I thought your book was absolutely fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Emma. It was fun getting to grips with the design which I have now reprised in a 'New Baby' format to give to my friend who has become a granny for the first time.

      Delete
  3. Well done Shelagh, this book is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments - it was a fun project once I'd decided on the format.

      Delete
  4. Shelagh, i absolutely love this project. The album itself, the tags, the fibres... It is truly wonderful. Congratulations on your top 5. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a lovely book Shelagh, well done. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx