Friday, 27 June 2014

Spotlight on Jane Scudamore - Top 5 from Challenge 15


For our current challenge "Masculine" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "It's All In The Words"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.


I am a retired primary school teacher living in West Norfolk but originally grew up in various places in Gloucestershire and Bristol.

I have always enjoyed crafting and tried many different kinds over the years, including crochet, knitting, cross stitch and iris folding.  My first efforts at card making came from cross stitching and I also started to use stamps to add embossed greetings inside the cards.

Being a primary school teacher, card making and crafting with the children was a fun part of the curriculum especially for special days throughout the year.

When a craft shop opened in my local town I joined a weekly class with a friend and well everything exploded from that moment in time.

I discovered Clarity through watching Barbaras classroom sessions on the TV and also from visiting another local craft shop.  I did a workshop there with Maria Simms and also went on to meet Barbara herself and 'Kelly on the Telly'.  Several friends and I now have a regular craft session with Kelly.

A few friends and I started a monthly craft group who meet in our local village.  We now have about 15 members and happily share new skills and ideas.

Thank you Clarity for choosing me as one of your top 5, I was really thrilled!


********

Here's Janes artwork where you can that she's had fun with her inks:


Jane entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Jane and congratulations on your top 5 place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Jane, well done on getting in the top 5. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx