Sunday, 1 June 2014

Challenge 16


Barbara's feet have hardly touched the floor this month with travelling to France with the design team for a week.  What a laugh that was!


 Then off to San Francisco for Marks graduation where Grace joined them too.


If you would like to catch up with Barbara's adventures, as well as her daily inspiration, you can read all about them on her daily blog.



********

The Craft Awards are now open for 2014 for you to nominate your favourites in the craft world.  If you'd like to vote please click the picture below and it will take you there.


Remember last year?  Clarity and Barbara won the following awards:

Best Rubber Stamp Range

Overall Designer

Runner Up Presenter


********

Barbara is back on our TV screens today, Sunday 1st June, between 9am and 11am with the Clarity show. For those of you on facebook, the Clarity fan page will be hosting a live chat so that you can chat with like minded people at the same time as watching Barbara.  Some of the design team will be on hand too if you wanted to join us.

********


The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Tuesday.  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout June:

Masculine
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

With Fathers Day fast approaching we've decided to dedicate this challenge to the men in our lives.  It may be for a birthday, anniversary or just to say "I Love You".

We know a lot of people struggle making cards for men, so hope the Clarity stamp challenge design team have given you loads of inspiration to take part this month.

If you'd like to know which products have been used please visit their personal blogs by clicking on their names.

You could be the winner of this months £50 Clarity voucher.  Sound tempting?











(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 14)

As a full time Design Technology teacher to 13-18 year olds, crafting is my stress outlet and I'm not sure I could do the job without it.  I do love my job!  Through teaching graphic design and resistant materials to the students, I can be very creative and can inspire them to be creative. They love it when I bring in my crafty bits to teach them theory elements of their course such as embossing, die cutting and varnishing!  They’ve even used my letterbox stamp kit.  The job does rather get in the way though, I'd much rather retreat to my craft room in our converted loft than sit downstairs at the dining room table marking 90 pieces of Year 9 homework!

I’ve always been arty and went to study fine art and graphics at university.  Since uni I've carried on painting and drawing but it was only recently I discovered stamping and more importantly Barbara Gray.  I have been to the NEC twice and spent an awful lot of time just watching her and trying to learn as much as I can (I’m of course far too shy to say hello though!).  She's an excellent teacher and I'm slowly getting better with my stamps although I’m still mastering the art of the brayer but I absolutely love my gelli plate and playing around with stencils.  I am an avid follower of her blog and as a result have experimented with lots of new techniques.

I am into all sorts of craft though; I love sewing and knitting, making jewellery and more recently using my silhouette.  I’m lucky to have a laser cutter at school and I am able to design and then cut out anything I want from MDF to paint and stamp over.  I'm a member of a lovely local craft club and funnily enough they think I am a bit of a craft expert, particularly in stamping!  But of course I’m not at all and have still a long way on that journey to go.

I do hope you like my project and good luck with this challenge.

********

Here's Ela's card for this months challenge



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you
claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st May (GMT) to enter.




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx




12 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Ella. Marvellous DT work. Great show today as always Barbara and the cards shown on the show were superb. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ela a beauty, wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspiration Ela, thank for joining us as a guest designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ela. Your shed is fab and I love the scene you've created around it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Ela. Well done. DT cards are a real inspiration as well, I always struggle with the men's cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally added a card love all the entry's

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always beautiful creations from the DT and the Guest DT's - thank you so much for the inspiration and for a fabulous challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration from the DT, great artwork Ela, you're my kind of crafter, I'm into all sorts as well, including jewellery x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the lovely comments everyone. The entries for this month's challenge are fantastic and the amount of talent out there just blows me away. How on earth will the DT manage to choose the top five is beyond me! Well done everyone and good luck, Ela xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some fabulous entries. I just managed to get mine done in time.

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck to all for this challenge. Not entering this month as I have been to busy, but I really do wish you all the very best of luck. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx