Sunday, 25 May 2014

Spotlight on Wendy Turner - Top 5 from Challenge 14


For our current challenge "It's All In The Words" please click here.


********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "Monochrome"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I work full time in a nursery as an SEN support worker and whilst I love my job, it can be stressful at times so what better way to unwind but to escape into my craft room, small as it is, and PLAY!!!!!!

I have always been creative and from a very young age my parents and grandparents encouraged me. My Nan would save scraps of fabric for me to make dolls clothes and old wrapping paper for covering matchbox chest of drawers.

My funniest memory is from when I was about 7 years old, a friend and I were making a sofa and chairs out of polystyrene egg cartons and then covering them with scraps of fabric.  The only trouble was the glue we used reacted with the polystyrene and ended up in a melted fizzing lump.  I can still see our faces, full of tears and disappointment, but our mistake taught us a very valuable lesson, and we have laughed about that experience on many occasions.

I'm interested in many different crafts and have tried loads like knitting, patchwork, embroidery, mosaics and the list goes on, but I think I can say stamping and card making are my favourite.


I first met Barbara at one of the shows held in the Commonwealth Institute many years ago and I slowly starting collecting Clarity stamps along with some others and my love for stamping was born.  I now never miss a show at Ally Pally and always buy a weekend ticket.

I have always loved the way Barbara used the brayer but never found it easy to use until the Clarity classroom was introduced and slowly my confidence has grown.

I have recently joined the wonderful Clarity East Midlands workshops in Peterborough and look forward to learning more new techniques over the coming months and would like to thank everyone for welcoming me.

I love to share my skills in the community and at work teaching children and adults to be creative and have fun trying new things.

********

Here's Wendys underwater scene:



Wendy entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. Wendy's underwater scene is stunning! It's lovely too read her story too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo Wendy --- this was such a fabby card ---- so pleased for you as your cards are awesome xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx