Saturday, 17 May 2014

Spotlight on Sylvia Lane - Top 5 from Challenge 14


For our current challenge "It's All In The Words" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "Monochrome"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I am originally from London, but have lived in sunny Broadstairs since 1976.  I have been a crafter all my life and was taught to sew at a young age by my Mum on her old Singer treadle sewing machine. I have also dabbled in machine knitting and quilting and I have been stamping and card making for about 15 years.

My stamping addiction came after a holiday to America where we stayed at Chattanooga station.  On the platform there were some little shops, one being a craft shop.  I browsed for quite a while, as stamping was still new to me.

The lady told me they had a workshop later that evening and asked if I would I like to join them.  It was the most fascinating few hours I’ve ever spent and the thing I found so amazing was the embossing.  After the class had finished I just had to buy all the things I had played with. That lady has a lot to answer for!!!

I can remember going to Kensington town hall years ago (this was before Ally Pally) and seeing Barbara demonstrating her stamps.  We have both come a long way since then and I continue to be amazed by all the beautiful work done by so many amazing crafters, so I was really chuffed to be picked to be in the top 5 for this challenge.

********

Here's Sylvias artwork using quite a few of the stamps in her collection:


Sylvia entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Sylvia, congratulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Sylvia, well done, love your card, very clever xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx