Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Spotlight on Linda Poston - Top 5 from Challenge 14


For our current challenge "It's All In The Words" please click here.


********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "Monochrome"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



Hi my name's Linda Poston and I live in Chelmsford, Essex with my husband Neil and our dog Woody. I work part time at a local firm of solicitors in their accounts department.  Neil has a great passion for wood and enjoys wood turning which always comes in handy!

I have always enjoyed being creative starting at an early age making shoes from paper and brown sticky tape (the type you had to lick to stick), luckily this wasn't the career path I chose!  This was followed by learning to crochet, dressmaking, cross stitch and more recently card making and paper crafts.

I owe my introduction to Clarity to Janet Pring who is a friend of my sisters.  Janet has stayed with her whilst attending the Clarity workshops in Kent and would return at the end of the day and share her artwork along with ideas and techniques.  My sister in turn would relay this to me along with the news that Barbara Gray was starting monthly classroom sessions on Create and Craft.  So that was it, my Clarity journey began!  I joined the New Designs Club and attended two workshops in Little Baddow and have since mastered the use of the brayer, splodge mat, gelli plate and more recently stencils and grunge paste.

I was so thrilled to be chosen for the top five, but really all credit should go to Barbara Gray for her passion, enthusiasm, guidance, encouragement and such amazing quality stamps and of course to the Clarity blog team.

********

Here's Linda's artwork with a gorgeous reflection:


Linda entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

1 comment:

  1. So glad I got you started, Linda - your cards are lovely and you certainly deserve your top 5 spot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx