Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Spotlight on Claire Byrne - Top 5 from Challenge 14


For our current challenge "It's All In The Words" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "Monochrome"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I have always liked art and craft, even as a child I was always drawing, colouring or following Tony Hart on Blue Peter... remember Morph?  But I guess I started crafting properly in 2004.  I wanted to get a valentines card for my boyfriend, who is now my hubby, but I didn't like any of the cards I'd seen in various card shops.  I happened to wander into a crafting shop in Dublin and saw some really nice cards that they had made, so I thought I could do that and the rest, as they say, is history.

A few years later I went to the NEC in Birmingham, wow... talk about a child being let loose in a candy store!!  It was there that I saw Clarity stamps for the first time.  Back then the stand wasn't too busy and so I had a one to one demo with Barbara who showed me the reflection technique using the dreamer stamp.  Of course I signed up straight away to the Clarity club and bought a brayer, the dreamer stamp and some of the Adirondack inkpads and I've been a follower ever since.  I actually still have the card Barbara made for me (see below):


I've even tried the elastic band on the brayer trick (if you don't know what I'm talking about, check out Clarity DVD 1).  I have also been lucky enough to go to the Clarity workshops in the summer, where I have met so many lovely friends who I talk to each day on Facebook as we are all spread between here and various parts of the UK.  So now it has become my yearly retreat, where we have lots of laughs, crafting and even more fun, giggling and really laughing out loud at dinner.... imagine 16 ladies together!!!!

I'm so chuffed that I was picked in the top 5, it has given me such a boost and inspired me to keep going with crafting, as it's such a good way to stretch and challenge yourself.  Even if some of the attempts end up in the bin... at least it's a case of "well that didn't work" so onwards and upwards.


********

Here's Claires artwork showing the skills she has learnt over the years:


Claire entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful card Claire and Top 5 was well deserved. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well deserved Claire your card is beautiful and showd great techniques x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well deserved Claire you card is lovely and such a lovely person. Your background is great and works really well. xx I look forward to seeing you at the next retreat too!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx