Friday, 9 May 2014

Spotlight on Karen Illingworth - Top 5 from Challenge 14


For our current challenge "It's All In The Words" please click here.


********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "Monochrome"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I'm not sure who the person is in photograph above because I’m tall, slim, blonde and beautiful; my camera is faulty (and so is my mirror)!

I had never done any stamping until I saw Barbara demonstrating on Create and Craft. I was happy enough doing a bit of cutting and sticking; didn’t see the point in stamping! A rubber stamp (I thought), and a black ink pad (I thought), how interesting can that be?  Then I saw the brayer, the coloured inks, the torn paper hills, shading with bits of make-up sponges and these beautiful pictures emerging. (I wish I’d discovered stamping before I bought all that fancy paper and embellishments; it would’ve saved me a fortune.)

I’ve always been a bit crafty but started all this malarkey when I took early retirement from teaching a couple of years ago.  If I see something I like, my first thought is never ‘how much does that cost’, it’s ‘can I make it’.  My time is filled with stamping and paper craft in wet, cold weather and gardening in dry, warm weather (fortunately gardening doesn’t require so many storage boxes though)!

Occasionally I sling in a bit of housework (I don’t cook though; there’s two gentlemen round the corner who do that for me – thank you Spencer and Mark) and I’m very active in the local community. I don’t know who the photograph is, I’m tall, slim, blond, and beautiful; my camera is faulty (and so is my mirror)!


********

Here's Karen's artwork using the haberdashery set and the letter box set:




Karen entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  

********




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha love your comments really made me smile. Your card is lovely. Well done. I am just as bad as you, always think I can make everything, no time to get bored though. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx