Friday, 25 April 2014

Spotlight on Shelagh Metselaar - Top 5 from Challenge 13


For our current challenge "Monochrome" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "FLOWER POWER"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.


When I saw the ‘Garden Bird’ stamps, it was ‘simples’ – I had to have them!  I then pondered the wisdom of buying the ‘Cherry Blossom’ set (I already have the small stamp) - for all of ten seconds! The flexibility of large and small branches meant they were yet another necessary purchase.  When the challenge was announced, ideas were already forming and falling into place. The collapsible box with interior struts to support the branches seemed likely to fit the bill; the new challenge was to work out how to make it from a sheet of A4.

At the same time, in my garden, blue tits had taken residence in their nesting box for the third year running and nearby, my cherry tree had blossomed.  There was a first-hand experience going on although it didn’t really help with the colouring.

Thank you for selecting my submission as one of the Top 5; to say I am thrilled is somewhat of an understatement.  I was also overwhelmed by the amount of comments I received, so thank you for taking the time.  Once I finalise my blog, I will be able to thank you all in person.

The next challenge, however, has me stumped.  


Happy stamping and stencilling
Shelagh

********

Here's Shelagh's's very creative 3D box:


Shelagh entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Why not subscribe to our blog and anything new will be sent out to you in an email.  That way you don't need to keep watching, you will be updated automatically.  You can also do the same on Barbara's blog too.  Check it out!

********




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx