Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Spotlight on Lynne Bishop - Top 5 from Challenge 13


For our current challenge "Monochrome" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "FLOWER POWER"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



Hi I'm Lynne and I live in Tamworth and have been married to my husband Fred for 43 years.  We have four grown up children and four grandchildren ranging in ages from 7 to 19.

I inherited my love of crafts from my Mum who used to knit and do intricate hand embroidery and also my Nan who was an excellent seamstress.  She would make clothes for my doll which I think were the envy of all my friends.  By the time I had daughters I was able to make their clothes which was so useful especially as one of them seemed to rip her dresses as fast as I made them.  I also made soft toys to sell and created several cross stitch products.  I can also knit and crochet.

Like a lot of other people I started making cards after seeing a demo on Create and Craft.  I started with decoupage, iris folding and quilling, really enjoying seeing a blank piece of card take shape. Then I joined the New Design Club just over a year ago but had not really make good use of the stamps I was collecting until the end of last year.

Now I'm hooked and loving the challenge of looking at different ways of using the stamps and stencils. I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful cards produced by Barbara and the Design Team.

Thank you for choosing my card to be in the top 5, I enjoyed making it as the rose panel stencil is lovely.  Now I just have to think about my card for this month's challenge.

I would like to wish everyone else good luck.

********

Here's Lynne's artwork created from the rose panel stencil which has been delicately embossed onto parchment:


Lynne entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Why not subscribe to our blog and anything new will be sent out to you in an email.  That way you don't need to keep watching, you will be updated automatically.  You can also do the same on Barbara's blog too.  Check it out!

********




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Well done! I love the effect of the flower on the parchment. A lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic artwork. Wow! The time it must have taken! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Lots of beautiful detail.well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for the lovely comments. I enjoyed making this, Clarity stencils are just fab. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx