Thursday, 17 April 2014

Spotlight on Andy Duggan - Top 5 from Challenge 13


For our current challenge "Monochrome" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "FLOWER POWER"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.


I'm Andy Duggan and I'm so thrilled to have been selected to be in the top 5 for challenge 13 (unlucky for some eh?).

By day I'm a 26 year old psychology lecturer from Middlesbrough, teaching A-level psychology to 16 to 19 year olds and also running a GCSE science evening class.  I'm also a Registered Scientist and enjoy sharing my passion for science with one and all.  I must say that I love my job and work with some of the most inspiring people.  By night, however, I'm a crafter!

I've been interested in crafts for quite a few years but only took the massive plunge after seeing Barbara Gray using her gelli plate in June of last year.  This is when I fell in love with Clarity and I've not looked back since.  I've gone from having one shelf of craft stuff, to a cupboard full and now I have two cupboards and a bag.  I would say that 90% of it is probably Clarity stuff!

The best bit about crafting has got to be taking a blank medium, a few inks, paints or anything else that goes and combining them to make something beautiful which can be given to a loved one.  I now have two gelli plates as I love using them so much and I'm definitely getting into a more 'altered art' phase at the moment!  I'm now looking to expand my crafting horizons, having attended some fab workshops with Sam Crowe and Maria Simms (truly inspirational people) and hope to start selling some of my crafty goodies.  It would be a dream of mine to one day be on the Clarity Design Team and who knows, maybe start running my own workshops.

I look forward to chatting to more Clarity fans and hopefully seeing you at some workshops, where you'll probably meet 'Andy's Mam' as well!

********

Here's Andy's canvas showing his love for 'altered art':


If you'd like to see more of Andy's's work please pop over
to his blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting journey Andy!


********


You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com


********

If you would like to find out more about the regular regional Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Why not subscribe to our blog and anything new will be sent out to you in an email.  That way you don't need to keep watching, you will be updated automatically.  You can also do the same on Barbara's blog too.  Check it out!






xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. This is really lovely Andy. I'm just getting into the gelli plate too. Good luck with your dreams! Ela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again Andy, best of luck to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely well done for making Top 5. Hope all your dreams come true. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx