Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Spotlight on Shelagh Metselaar - Top 5 from Challenge 12


For our current challenge "FLOWER POWER" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "LOVE AND ROMANCE"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.

First of all thank you for choosing my Love and Romance entry as one of your top five. It was a considerable departure from my normal approach as I don’t ‘do’ messy hands easily, but the fun of not being able to predict the outcome until all the paint had been removed, was quite exciting - sad or what?

I began entering the challenge in October and only had the courage to do that after Barbara showed a card of mine on Create and Craft. This materialised when I attended Barbara’s demo day here in Aberdeen at The Papeterie in July where she issued a challenge to those of us present to design a card using the new Scottish cities stamps; the gauntlet was thrown down and not being able to resist a challenge, I duly sent in my card.

I met Barbara again at the SECC in October, where I was offered sound advice regarding stamping. This was when and where I learnt of the Clarity Challenge. I decided to have a go and have been submitting stamped items ever since. Although I have subscribed to the New Design Club for some time, I had not used them to their full potential until now.

The latest additions to my Clarity Collection are the ‘Garden Birds,’ ‘Cherry Blossom’ and ‘Word Chains’, all of which arrived yesterday. They were a ‘must have’ as at this moment whilst writing I am overlooking the garden, the birds are busy at the feeders and one of my cherry trees has burst into blossom only this morning. (I can see a further requirement for the ‘Journaling Set and Banner Stencils’ too as they are very much my kind of stamping, but don’t tell my long suffering banker i.e. Mike, my husband!)

Looking forward to the next challenge! Meantime happy stamping!

********

Here's Shelagh's artwork showing that going out of your comfort zone ever once in a while pays off:


Shelagh entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Why not subscribe to our blog and anything new will be sent out to you in an email.  That way you don't need to keep watching, you will be updated automatically.  You can also do the same on Barbara's blog too.  Check it out!





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

1 comment:

  1. Shelagh this is a lovely card, I like how you have done the three scenes in one. Congratulations on getting into our Top 5. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx