Friday, 14 March 2014

Spotlight on Lesley Davies - Top 5 from Challenge 12


For our current challenge "FLOWER POWER" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "LOVE AND ROMANCE"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.

********

Lesley Davies


I've loved handicrafts since being a child and have always had one project or another on the go.  I started with dress making and embroidery, then branched into tatting and patchwork and later tried my hand at lead lighting and cake decorating.  I have to confess that at age 15 I think I bit off more that I could chew - a tablecloth that I would embroider daffodils onto.  Not just a couple of blooms mind you, but a veritable host!  It's still in my cupboard, three corners done, one still to go!  I'm sure they're multiplying!

I first became interested in stamping when I saw a demonstration at a craft show in Perth, Western Australia, where I currently live.  It was the embossing powder that did it - to this day, every time I use it I think it's magic!  Nowadays stamping and card making are what I enjoy most, although I do wield a needle from time to time.

When visiting my sister in England a few years ago, she introduced me to Clarity via Create and Craft.  I'd never seen anything like Barbara's demonstrations and was amazed at what she could achieve.  I was so inspired that last year, when living back in England, I hauled my sister along to as many craft shows as I could manage.  We went to Ally Pally, Harrogate and the NEC and were lucky enough to be part of one of Barbara's workshops at Harrogate.  Not only did we have a ball, but we learned so much from the experience too.  My gelli plate is now my friend and playmate, instead of being the wobbling wallflower in the cupboard.

One of the best things about my handicrafting is that it has introduced me to some very special friends and has afforded me the privilege of meeting some wonderfully creative people who have been simply bursting to share their ideas, not least the Clarity team.

********

Here's Lesley's feathery artwork with a perfect reflection:


Lesley entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Why not subscribe to our blog and anything new will be sent out to you in an email.  That way you don't need to keep watching, you will be updated automatically.  You can also do the same on Barbara's blog too.  Check it out!





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your crafting journey with us Lesley and we look forward to seeing more of your artwork in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said before Lesley yours was my favourite. I think it is absolutely stunning. well done with the Top 5 pick. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx