Monday, 17 February 2014

Spotlight on Barbara Lancaster - Top 5 from Challenge 11


For our current challenge "LOVE AND ROMANCE" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "NEW BEGINNINGS"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I have always loved crafting and making things, but stamping in particular (with Clarity stamps of course) is what I have come to enjoy the most.  It is precious "me" time when I can leave all else behind and escape;  if only for a little while.  Barbara Gray and the design team are an inspiration.  Every time I see new samples, I want to try out new techniques, and something else inevitably gets added to my wish list!
I look forward to any time I can spend playing with my stash, especially now that once a month, I get to learn loads at the marvellous Maria Simms' Shrewsbury workshop with a group of lovely ladies - its just great.
Becoming part of such a creative group of people has really transformed my crafting.  I love seeing other peoples work and ideas, but I used to feel so nervous about posting my work, and without so much positivity and encouragement I would never have had the courage to begin my own blog.  Now it just feels good to be able to share with others something that makes me happy. 
There were so many beautiful cards for this months challenge, I was over the moon to have been chosen as one of the top 5.  Thank you so much.  And for anyone who's wondering whether they should enter a card:  Go for it!!  I'm glad I did.

********

Here's Barbara's gelli plate artwork:


Barbara entered the challenge via email as she had only just
set up her own blog and is just learning the ropes.

I'm sure Barbara would love you to visit her new blog

It's Craft O'Clock

and leave her a few comments and encouragement

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Why not subscribe to our blog and anything new will be sent out to you in an email.  You can also do the same on Barbara's blog too.  Check it out!

********





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. WOW - your project is stunning. I really must give the Gelli plate a go x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous gelli print card Barbara, well done you x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx