Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Spotlight on Nikki Acton - Top 5 from Challenge 11


For our current challenge "Love and Romance" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "SCENE BUILDING"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



Hi everyone, I'm Nikki, I'm far too close to 50 years old and I live in Hampshire.  I work for my local hospice and apart from crafting I enjoy sport, although my newly acquired crafting pursuits seem to be taking over!

I started card making just over 3 months ago after being introduced to it by a friend (Cathryn).  When the pupil is ready the teacher appears!  Over the years I have explored art in different forms but was quite disillusioned and hadn't done anything for a few years.  Seeing Cath's work and very healthy stash of goodies I was inspired.

I quickly embraced it and started watching Create and Craft, YouTube videos and following blogs. One of the earliest programmes I saw was Barbara Gray, hence my introduction to Clarity.  Most of the time at the moment I'm dabbling with techniques, but the challenge forces me to finish something. I've even started a blog and would love more followers if you're interested.


I looked for Clarity workshops in my area, but alas there were none, however my Mum is in a care home in Suffolk, so last month, after I visited her, I went to one of Janet Prings worshops in Suffolk which was excellent.  I will definitely be doing that again.  I'm currently playing with mixed media/altered art bits and love Sam Crowe's stuff and I just love getting messy!

Thanks to the team for giving me a 'Top Five', everyones work is amazing and I enjoy looking at all of the entries and seeing how you all interpret the challenge in a different way.


********

Here's Nikki's artwork using various techniques learnt through hours watching Barbara:


If you'd like to see more of Nikki's work please pop over
to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Nikki!





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Nikki your card is in one of my favourite colour combos and of course butterflies and flowers fabulous! Will also pop over to your blog.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx