Saturday, 1 February 2014

Challenge 12


Welcome to February and can you believe that this year is racing away with us already?

It's a busy weekend with a new challenge today and then Barbara on our television screens tomorrow with the Clarity shows.  Don't forget to tune in for a brand new range of stamps and stencils.



********

The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Tuesday.  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Before we announce the theme for the new challenge, we have to say a big welcome to the newest member of our design team.   I'm sure some of you will recognise her face already, but here she is to introduce herself:



My name is Amber and I'm 12 years old.  I have been a Clarity stamper since I was 6 when I went to my first craft show, I met Barbara and we made friends right away.  I bought my first speedball brayer and Clarity stamps and Barbara gave me one of her DVDs as a present!  My Mum helped me practice my brayering and soon became hooked too, and that led to my Mum being on the Clarity stamp design team.

I also have a brother Steven who loves the gelli plate and we have 3 bunnies, a canary and lots of fish.

I was excited to be asked to join the blog challenge design team and I am looking forward to sharing some of my Clarity projects with you.

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout February:

Love and Romance
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

With the 14th February just around the corner, will yours be celebrated with flowers and violins to woe your lover or will it be a time of reflection for those that are no longer with us?

There are so many occasions that this theme applies to, you could be making a card for a wedding or an anniversary, there are so many different stamps in the Clarity range to choose from.

Are you following Barbara's daily inspiration on her blog, One Day At A Time?  Each day has a theme and if you follow it I'm sure you've already seen her rhyme but here's a refresher:

Monday's blog is trees and flowers
Tuesday's blog rolls back the hours
Wednesday's blog is something new
Thursday's blog is always blue
Friday's blog, a private peek
Saturday's blog, a new technique
But the blog that is posted on the Sabbath day is step by step and typical Gray!

I'm sure there has been plenty of inspiration in Barbara's daily posts, but the Clarity stamp challenge design team also inspire us each month with their own artwork.  If you'd like to know which stamps they've used please visit their personal blogs by clicking on their names.

You could be the winner of this months £50 Clarity voucher.  Sound tempting?

















(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 10)


My name's Julie and unfortunately I can't get out of the house very much due to mobility problems and fybromyalgia.  I've always been interested in art of all forms but in the past 8 years have started card making.  I found Clarity on the TV and stamping has become my main passion along with the gelli plate.  These things keep me sane.

The one thing I never thought I could do was win the Clarity challenge so I'm over the moon as I love taking part. 

********

Here's Julie's card for this month's challenge:



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you

claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 28th February (GMT) to enter.


xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



13 comments:

  1. Lovely design team cards again for inspiration. Well done Amber, great to see the next generation carrying on the crafty traditions. Beats computer games any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie I love your challenge card its really pretty and you can see you have put a lot of thought into it. Congratulations on winning our Challenge. Can I just say to Amber too, a big welcome to the team you have definitely earned your place and I look forward to seeing more from you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Sam... Well done Julie, now comes the hard bit... Spending your winnings! Lovely to see you on the Team Amber, Your work is amazing and I can't wait to see what you'll create next! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous inspiration and many congratulations to Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "love" inspired artwork Julie, you've put such a lot of work into this. Thanks for being our guest designer for this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great DT inspiration, and so happy we have till 31st.....December to enter the challenge......Lol!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Amber, it will be lovely to see some of the projects that you produce ... Well Done and the Very Best of Luck xx

    Lovely work again from all the Design Team ... thank you once again for your work and inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Julie. I love the vibrant colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Amber - beautiful project entry. Well done to Julie too - lovely vibrant valentine card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just been browsing through this months entries for the Challenge and have to say that if I were in a card shop with this selection to choose from I would find it very difficult to make a choice ... it would have to be a case of eeny,meeny miney, mo .... But seriously is it just me or is the standard just getting better and better with the wonderful Barbara leading the way with her wonderful hand picked Design Team too ! You set the standard and we all aspire to achieve the same xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with Doreen, Fantastic cards this month and so many entries. I really don't envy the design team trying to choose their top five. Just amazing. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pieces by the design team as ever, thank you for the opportunity xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx