Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Spotlight on Julie Rose - Top 5 from Challenge 10


For our current challenge "NEW BEGINNINGS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "SCENE BUILDING"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I've always been interested in arts and crafts and have dabbled in may different things over the years, but have finally found my niche in card making.

I first started card making for my family and friends in 2011 after it cost a small fortune to buy my Christmas cards from a well known high street store.  Naive of me I know, but I thought I could make my own cards for far less.  Little did I know that it would become a bit of an obsession and as crafters you know what it's like, there's always something that we 'need'.

I really like the fact that each card is a little piece of artwork and to see the enjoyment that they bring to others is wonderful.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world to see how thrilled my niece was to have a birthday card with her name on it when the spelling was unusual.

I first saw Barbara Gray and Clarity on Create and Craft and was totally hooked when I later saw her doing demonstrations at the NEC in November 2012.  Since then I've learnt so many new techniques and thoroughly enjoyed attending one of Barbara's workshops in August 2013.

I look forward to the challenge each month and the chance of winning a £50 voucher to spend on more Clairty goodies.  I was thrilled when I found out that my concertina card had been picked by the DT as one of the top 5, it's a real honour when the quality of the other entries was so high.

Being part of the challenge each month inspired me to set up a blog last year (with a bit of help from my friends) and I love to see and share inspiration with all my crafting buddies both at Clarity and on facebook.

Have you entered this months challenge yet?  If not check out all of the entries so far and the projects from the design team, they are all so inspirational.

********

Here's Julie's scene building spread across a concertina card :


If you'd like to see more of Julie's work please pop over
to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Julie!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. What an inspiration you are Julie - congratulations. I love your concertina card too - really lovely and a worthy winner. Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Julie stunning scenes, well deserved top 5.
    many years ago I saw a demonstration at the NEC with a rubber roller called a Brayer, which amazing things were demonstrated, yes I bought one and knowing nothing about inks stamps or anything off I went home to create....................Yep disaster why couldn't I get the same results!!! Many months later and lots of practice I learned to love this little rubber wheel. Although if I haven't used it for a while it certainly takes a little practice to get my hand back in. Yes you have guessed it was Barbara all those years ago at the NEC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Beryl and Maggie for your lovely comments which are very much appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to you again Julie, such lovely artwork and it works so well with the concertina card (might have to get that die). Big hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment Emma, you won't regret it if you do buy that die. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx