Saturday, 11 January 2014

Spotlight on Janet Hines - Top 5 from Challenge 10


For our current challenge "NEW BEGINNINGS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "SCENE BUILDING"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



My name's Janet and I'm from Stourbridge in the West Midlands.  I work as a GP receptionist which is a necessity to fund my craft habit.

I've been crafting since I was a little girl and have tried most things over the years, but I found card making a fair few years ago whilst watching a shopping channel.  Since then I seem to concentrate on stamping as they are so versatile.

I first met Barbara when she used to do craft shows at the motor cycle museum in Birmingham.  I wonder if Barbara can remember how long ago that was? I've loved watching her ever since and have crafted along with several of Barbara's 'in the classroom' shows which I really enjoy and of course Maria Simms in the 'take two' shows as well.

My one crafting dream would to be part of the Clarity design team.  Well dreams can come come true if you believe enough, well so they say....

********

Here's Janets Christmas scene building tag with a colourful red breasted robin:


If you'd like to see more of Janet's work please pop over
to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Janet!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for choosing me for a top 5 spot. I feel quite honoured as there are so many talented people who enter the challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful does the little robin stand out lovely hearing your story x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely and especially like the fence - it looks so real xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to 'meet' you Janet and great to read your crafting journey. We look forward to seeing your entries each month xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Janet. Such a lovely card and your artwork is lovely. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx