Thursday, 23 January 2014

Spotlight on Anne Wales - Top 5 from Challenge 10


For our current challenge "NEW BEGINNINGS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "SCENE BUILDING"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



My crafting began as a child when I watched my mother making my dresses on an old treadle sewing machine.  I learnt to use the machine and went on to do Saturday morning dressmaking classes.  Since then I have dabbled in numerous crafts including crochet, flower arranging, cake decorating and cross stitch.  All these crafts I've enjoyed at various times in my life and for different reasons.  Definitely a 'Jack of all trades, master of none'.

I broke my hip several years ago and a friend told me to watch the Create and Craft channel as she thought I might find something to do to keep me entertained.  Barbara was on demonstrating and I became fascinated with what she was doing. At the time it was pure entertainment value and I never considered having a go.

When I recovered, a neighbour invited me to a card making class in the village hall and I was hooked! I really enjoyed these sessions but in the early days I always managed to be the one who messed up the stamping.  As Barbara became more popular and got more exposure on TV my interest grew but my own stamping didn't seem to improve.

Whilst browsing the Clarity website a few years ago I noticed that Barbara was running a workshop in Little Baddow in Essex.  I booked my place and it was a great day, I even bought a few stamps to 'play' with.  I've since been to another Little Baddow workshop and then joined a local monthly Clarity workshop run by one of the Clarity design team, Janet Pring, at Great Blakenham in Suffolk.  As luck would have it, the venue is only 10 minutes away from home.  The group enjoy the sessions and it's good to consolidate what I've watched on TV.  I've also tried techniques that I would think twice about trying at home....alone.  I'm now well and truly hooked and looking forward to fitting in as many of Janet's workshops as I can this year.

Card making is limited so I love the challenge, but have to work with a small number of stamps as I am still building up my stash.

I was delighted to be chosen in the top 5 and would like to thank the team for their comments and for all the encouragement they have given me.

********

Here's Anne's gorgeous sunrise/sunset scene with the shadows of the trees and foliage:


Anne entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********

If you would like to find out more about the regular Clarity workshops run by members of the design team we have a page dedicated to them.  Click here for more information, there's even a map to help you.

If there isn't one in your area and you don't fancy travelling, please keep an eye out on the blog as we are gradually adding new workshops.  Why not subscribe to our blog and anything new will be sent out to you in an email.  That way you don't need to keep watching, you will be updated automatically.  You can also do the same on Barbara's blog too.  Check it out!

********





xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Anne. It is so warm and very relaxing to look at. Lucky you being able to go to some of the classes...none up my end of the world as yet. Look forward to seeing more of your work. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is stunning! The scene is fabulous and the colours so warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sachin Bhardwaj consistently writes on various topics including home improvement and decoration on behalf of Blooming Artificial.For more information... outdoor artificial plants

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx