Friday, 6 December 2013

Spotlight on Sarah Dixon - Top 5 from Challenge 9


For our current challenge "SCENE BUILDING" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "CHRISTMAS"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.


I started doing cross stitch not long after I'd had my first baby, as I wanted something to relax with in the evenings.  I quickly became absorbed by it and produced finished pieces at an alarming rate.  I then decided to try other forms of needlework as well such as blackwork, Bargello, Lagartera, crewel work and Hardanger and also bought some computer software allowing me to design my own cross stitch patterns.

I slowed down after 3 or 4 years and fancied trying something else so signed up for a course in stained glass art at the local adult education centre.  Loved this, designed and made my own pieces - mirror frames, tea lights holders, trinket boxes and light catchers.  Enjoyed this for a couple of years before signing up for a drawing and painting night class.  Had great fun exploring drawing with different media like pencil, charcoal, pastels and tried painting with watercolour and acrylics for the first time.

Sadly, it was then time to consider doing more hours at work now both the children were properly settled at school.  It was during the school summer holidays that I stumbled across Create and Craft, bought my first stamps and some promarkers.  Barbara was a great source of inspiration and still is.

From there my crafting spiralled out of control, much to the dismay of my husband!  I now have my own small, enormously untidy craft room, which I get far too little time in - priority is the kids come first!

I love trying out all the techniques I see, especially the Gelli plate, although I don't feel like I've had much success with it yet.  I do like things to be precise so I struggle with the randomness.  Am enjoying playing with the new stencils and trying to make my own backgrounds.

********

Here's Sarah's Christmas arch window and a lovely snowy scene outside.



Sarah entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx