Saturday, 14 December 2013

Spotlight on Dawn Parker - Top 5 from Challenge 9


For our current challenge "SCENE BUILDING" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "CHRISTMAS"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



My journey with art began as a child, making scrapbooks and drawings of the moon landings broadcast on the tv… black and white!  So imagination and colour became important.  I would end up with lots of bits and pieces all over the sofa, floor and wherever I travelled (poor mum).


I was a Nursery Nurse in education for 23 years and the art of creating using mixed media was a big part of the teaching and learning process for the children.  Their delight in giving their own handmade cards on mother’s day and Christmas was infectious, a lifetime disease was born, however, onset was delayed.


During the evenings I belonged to a painting group, my passion being watercolours where patience and perseverance are key.  Unfortunately after 10 years and for various reasons the group disbanded and I found myself looking for another challenge involving artistic ability.  Also at this time I changed my working environment and became a Complementary Therapist.  My shopping time no longer limited to weekends due to the job, I found a local craft shop and soon became a regular customer (as one does!!!)  I discovered stamps and found I had a problem, a new addiction.  On one of my visits the owner showed me some new miniature stamps she was trialling, a new company called Clarity stamp and, surprise surprise, I was hooked.


One morning I turned on the television to Create and Craft just as they were introducing a new guest and there was Barbara with even more fabulous stamps!

This hobby has become a big part of my life. The joy of it is making individual cards to reflect the personality of family and friends both in colour and design.  This has a knock on effect because they in turn know what to buy me for birthdays and Christmas.  Needless to say being selected for your top five is an enormous pleasure for me and reflects the importance of perseverance, not to mention your excellent demonstrations and super stamps.

********

Here's Dawn's artwork for her top 5 pick showing the range of techniques she has picked up and the versatility of Clarity stamps.



Dawn entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx