Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Spotlight on Vanessa Hodgson - Top 5 from Challenge 8


For our current challenge "CHRISTMAS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "WINTER"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



Hello, my name's is Vanessa Hodgson and I live in Northallerton, North Yorkshire with my Husband Richard and my Scottish terrier Hamish.

I've been crafting since I was a child, mainly drawing, painting and sewing.  I first got into paper crafting 3 years ago, but only discovered Clarity Stamps two years ago when I turned onto Create and Craft one Saturday to find Barbara doing a lesson.  I was amazed how she could build up a scene using the stamps, a brayer and some scrap paper, but didn’t really get brave enough to try using them until I had a morning lesson with Barbara at the Harrogate Papercraft show.  I loved it and couldn’t believe it had taken me so long to try it.

I've since learnt many new techniques and ideas both from all of Barbara’s lessons on Create and Craft and the DVD’s which I think are a great investment.  I've even got into using the Gelli Plate with lots and lots of messy fun resulting in some lovely prints.

I've really enjoyed sharing my creations on the Clarity FaceBook page and it's such a thrill to know what other crafters think of your work and to see what they are doing as well.

I'm really glad that I finally got the courage to enter the Clarity Stamp Challenge and was literally grinning from ear to ear when I discovered that I had made the top 5, it really did make my day. Thank you very much to Sam from the design team for encouraging me to enter in the first place.
I'm looking forward to entering the next challenge and who knows maybe even winning that £50 voucher!

********

Here's Vanessa's winter scene using the wonderful holly sprig, sitting and standing deer and tree silhouette. A perfect reminder of those crisp winter days in the snow.



Vanessa entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa I am so excited for you. To find the courage to enter (not that any is needed really) and then to become one of the top five must have felt great! Enjoy your moment - until you win that Voucher eh!! Your card is beautiful. It was lovely to meet you at Harrogate Vanessa and have a good chat. Thank you for your mention that is so lovely of you. Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo liebe Vanessa,

    deine Karte ist so wunderschön. Man kommt sofort ins träumen. Ich bin absolut begeistert. Ich gratuliere zu deinem Gewinn. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to share your crafting journey with you Vanessa and we look forward to seeing more of your artwork in our challenges xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx