Friday, 22 November 2013

Spotlight on Lesley Walden - Top 5 from Challenge 8


For our current challenge "CHRISTMAS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "WINTER"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I have always enjoyed arts and crafts and dabbled in most of them over the years, but having taken early retirement from teaching Maths and ICT last year, when my school closed due to reorganisation, I have more time to indulge in my hobbies.

I have taken up my paintbrushes again after many, many years and joined an art class one morning a week.  My two knitting machines have also come back out of their boxes with Grandsons to knit for now.

I was introduced to card making by one of my two daughters about six years ago.  She made me a beautiful stamped and embossed birthday card and I was fascinated to know how she had made it. After she explained, I opened my birthday present to find all the craft items I needed to make the card. Stamps, inks, embossing powders, heat gun etc.  We had a wonderful afternoon playing and I was hooked.  I don’t think I have bought a shop card since that day!

I came across Clarity stamps and Barbara by chance on the Create and Craft channel and loved her arty designs.  I now regularly tune in to her shows and have joined her New Design Club.  My collection of Clarity stamps is ever growing and have recently bought the gelli plate with the intention of using it in my art classes as well as card making.

Thank you for choosing my card as one of the top five.  I enjoy entering the competition every month and the theme often inspires me to look at my stamps in different ways.

********

Here's Lesley's moonlight scene with the hare's in silhouette and the snow gently falling.  Brrrrr.... it's cold outside!



Lesley entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

********

Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous artwork Lesley, looks like a scene from Watership Down. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous Card Lesley, the atmosphere you have captured is so real. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx