Monday, 28 October 2013

Spotlight on Julie Rose - Top 5 from Challenge 7


For our current challenge "WINTER" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "VINTAGE"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I've always been interested in arts and crafts and have dabbled in many different things over the years, but have finally found my niche in card making.

I first started card making for my family and friends 3 years ago after it cost a small fortune to buy my Christmas cards from a well known high street store.  Naive of me I know, but I thought I could make my own cards for far less (little did I know that it would become a bit of an obsession and as crafters you know that it's like, there's always something else that we "need").

I really like the fact that each card is a little piece of artwork and to see the enjoyment that they bring to others is wonderful.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world to see how thrilled my niece was to have a birthday card with her name on it especially with the spelling of her name being so unusual.

I first saw Barbara Gray and Clarity stamp on Create and Craft, and was totally hooked when I saw her doing demonstrations at the NEC in November 2012.  Since then I've learnt so many new techniques and thoroughly enjoyed attending one of Barbara's workshops in August.

I look forward to the challenge each month and the chance of winning a £50 voucher to spend on more Clarity goodies.  I was so excited when I found out that my card and bookmark had been picked by the DT as one of the top 5, it's a real honour when the quality of the other entries was so high.

Being part of the challenge each month has inspired me to set up a blog (with a bit of help from my friends) and I love to see and share inspiration with all my crafting buddies both at Clarity and on facebook.

********

Julie's card and bookmark make the perfect all in one present for someone and of course the sketched lady is so elegant isn't she?


If you'd like to see more of Julie's work please pop over
to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Julie!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

1 comment:

  1. Well done Julie, a beautiful and worthy winning entry xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx