Monday, 21 October 2013

Spotlight on Emma Burns - Top 5 from Challenge 7


For our current challenge "WINTER" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "VINTAGE"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



Originally from Edinburgh, I now live in the little valley town of Darvel in East Ayrshire.  I'm married with three grown up children and two cats.

I've been crafting now for over 6 years and started out making cards for family and friends.  This has progressed to selling them, along with other little makes, artwork and a few demos for the local Girl Guides.

I love to play about with all the things that are available today in the crafting world (big jump from computer generated clip art) but I have to confess that my favourite is stamping, especially with Clarity stamps.  They are so versatile and well made, I rave about them all the time.  I love watching Barbara Gray demonstrate and have managed to see her in Glasgow twice having got a piece of her work during a demo earlier this year which takes pride of place in my craft room.

I started a blog this year mainly due to the Clarity Stamp Challenge and I've enjoyed taking part and being in touch with other crafters.  My family can only take so much before their eyes mist over.  It's lovely to see what other people achieve and to feel a part of this community of such creative people.

I'm very very happy and honoured to have been picked in the Top 5 for this challenge as there were such a lot of lovely cards entered.  A big thank you to all the design team, hugs to all and happy crafting!

********

Emma's vintage piece of art was created on canvas for her friends newly decorated house.  It must be great to have your own personal artist!


If you'd like to see more of Emma's work please pop over
to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Emma!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. I love this one Emma, the colour is fantastic and how great to have your own personal artist to create the artwork for you home too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much sazzle. Your kind words are very much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The colour is so perfect for the image. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. its lovely in my new home emma, thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx