Thursday, 26 September 2013

Spotlight on Lisa MacGregor - Top 5 from challenge 6


For our current challenge "VINTAGE" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "ANIMALS"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.

Lisa MacGregor


I'm 37, married to Paul, who does his best to understand my crafty obsession, and I work as a finance assistant for my local Hospice, Saint Catherine's in sunny Scarborough on the Yorkshire coast.

I've always been into all manner of things crafty especially jewellery making, but it was a chance meeting at a family 'do' 18 months ago that I met my crafty bestie and was introduced to the world of paper craft.  My friend told me about Create and Craft and it was there that I first watched the wonder that is Barbara Gray.  So very inspiring!  Next stop was a visit to the GNPE at Harrogate where I made my first Clarity purchases.  Soon after that I joined the New Design Club and I haven't looked back.

It never ceases to amaze me what a piece of plain white card can become.  I love it!  Challenge 6 was the first one I have dared to enter and to say I was excited to be chosen as one of the top 5 was the understatement of the year.

I love the artwork produced by the design team and was particularly inspired by Jane Telford's beautiful box with the horses dancing around on top of the lid, so the idea for my entry was borne.  I decided to think outside the box and create jewellery by stamping onto shrink plastic and used glitter gel pens to add a hint of colour.  My top tip with shrink plastic, especially if you're adding holes to the piece, is to use your pokey tool in the hole to stop it moving all over your desk

Just another creative use for these amazing stamps.


********

Here's the lovely jewellery set Lisa created for the
challenge.  We loved how she thought outside the box
for this one and also used the dreaded shrink plastic!!!



Lisa entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could so the same too!

********


Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com



You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your top 5 spot. love what you did with the horse stamp. x :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa I have congratulated you on your win but not on here. So congratulations. I too was inspired by Jane's Piece. I love your jewellery and thanks for the tip about the pokey tool good idea, I haven't done shrink plastic yet but have been getting the urge. So happy you won. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Emma and Sam. Loved your vintage card Emma, so pretty. Many congrats Sam on making the DT, love your gelli art, planning on buying the gelli plate and starter kit at Harrogate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx