Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Spotlight on Bernadette Gill - Top 5 from challenge 6


For our current challenge "VINTAGE" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "ANIMALS"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.

Bernadette Gill


Hi, I'm a 59 year old retired Teaching Assistant, a mother of three and a grandmother of two.

I first got into card making 10 years ago when my son's partner (at the time) gave me a kit to make while I was in hospital.  I really enjoyed making them and from there I went into doing lace (the cutting of shapes) and making more cards.

It wasn't until 2007 when my husband and I returned to live in the UK that I came across Create and Craft, that's when I first saw Barbara and I was blown away by her technique!  Her stamps were just fantastic (first time I'd ever seen clear stamps) plus the way Barbara showed us all how to create a masterpiece was more than words could describe.

I first met Barbara when I went to the NEC in Birmingham and saw her demonstrating.  I came away with a starter kit which included her first DVD, some stamps and ink pads.  I've since got all 5 of her DVD's, joined the New Design Club and have attended two two day workshops in Kent.  I look forward to the classroom lessons and I record them onto disc so that I have them for future reference.

Once I was doing my homework to send in for the "joy" lesson, when I'd finished I was so pleased with myself because it'd taken about six hours and God only knows how many pieces of card, yet when I went to open it, it was from left to right, I could have cried.  The homework was never posted and I learnt to check as I go along.

********

Here's the card that Bernadette created for the challenge.
We loved how she'd divided this into four separate
scenes using the adult and baby in each picture.
Really thought out Bernadette!


Bernadette entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could so the same too!

********


Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx