Saturday, 14 September 2013

Spotlight on Barbara Lancaster - Top 5 from challenge 6


For our current challenge "VINTAGE" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "ANIMALS"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.

Barbara Lancaster


Hello to my Clarity friends, my name's Barbara Lancaster, I'm 47 and I live in Stoke-on-Trent.

I only became interested in papercraft a few years ago but I've been crafting for most of my life.  Mum was always making things, teaching me and me sister to knit and sew from an early age.  The most important lesson I learnt from her though was to discover the joy and pleasure of creating something, no matter what...

I first discovered Clarity stamps when I just happened to tune into Create and Craft when Barbara was demonstrating.  She was the person who really inspired me to take up stamping.

I've never considered myself an artist, so the thought of starting out with a blank sheet of paper or card was quite scary!  I think maybe that's why I love my Gelli plate so much, because it gives me a background to work with.  One thing remains a mystery to me though, how does Barbara stay so clean?  I always have inky, painty fingers when I'm crafting!  

I love watching the shows and then trying out some of the ideas with my ever growing stamp collection.  I always seem to be planning new projects and my long suffering husband Martin often says that my craft is taking over the whole house.

I still think of myself as a novice stamper, so I'm absolutely thrilled to be chosen as one of the top 5 in my first ever challenge.  It's such a wonderful feeling to know that other people like what I've created.

Who says that online friendships are negative?  I'm so happy to be a small part of the Clarity family!

********

Here's the card that Barbara created for the challenge.
The background has been created with her
Gelli plate and the partridge and pear branch
have been stamped.
What a great Christmas card Barbara!


Barbara entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could so the same too!

********


Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx