Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Spotlight on Jane Morris - Top 5 from challenge 6


For our current challenge "VINTAGE" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "ANIMALS"  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.

Jane Morris


I'm married to a very understanding man and have two daughters and two grandchildren with number three due any time now.  The children have grown up with my various crafting activities and when my granddaughter was 2 she used to run through the door shouting "Nana, I play with windy wind". She wanted to use my Cuttlebug!

I've been crafting for more years than I care to admit.  Paper crafting started about 23 years ago when I saw a Pergamano display in a local stationers shop.  I was fascinated by the results and had to have a go.  I spent many hours happily lost playing with parchment.

I came to stamping more recently, about 10 years ago, when I saw someone emboss an image with gold powder - pure magic! I'm afraid to say my first attempts were rather dire.  If only I'd had Barbara's DVD's then it would have saved many failures. Still we learn through our mistakes, and I learnt a lot!

I first became aware of Barbara and Clarity when I saw her demo a corner stamp on Create and Craft. I didn't know you could build patterns like that.  So out came a corner stamp and I had a play, the big disadvantage I had was that it was a rubber stamp and not very easy to position.

A few months later I saw Barbara at a local show and bought my first Clarity stamp, the calligraphy corner.  Well there started another addiction.

I joined the Clarity New Design Club 3 years ago and was delighted when my first envelope dropped through the letterbox.  It was the wild poppies stamp.  I looked at the photograph of the cards and was so excited as I love poppies. Then I tipped the stamp from the envelope and couldn't believe my eyes! Where were the poppies?  All I had was a bunch of stunted buds!!  I was really disappointed.

I settled down to read the instructions for the cards to realise that the idea was to stamp the buds and draw the poppies around them.  Me?  Draw?  I don't draw!  At least I hadn't until that point.  Having studied the photo carefully I decided I had nothing to lose .  I was delighted with the results, so had another go and another.  I believe that practice makes perfect.

Well 3 years on and I'm now willing to have a go at drawing anything, so thanks Barbara for the shove.  I'll never make the National Portrait Gallery, but I can draw a bird or tree or quirky house. What more could a girl ask for?


********

Here's the card that Jane created for the challenge.
Hasn't she created a gorgeous wintery scene with
the landscape in the background?


Jane entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could so the same too!

********


Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jane. It's a gorgeous card. I particularly love how you've done the sky. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, congratulations Jane.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx