Friday, 23 August 2013

Spotlight on Sally Newick - Top 5 from challenge 5


For our current challenge "ANIMALS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "OH I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE".  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I've been crafting for a long time, always supported by my lovely husband of 27 years along with my son and daughter who always give me their input.  My first crafts were knitting and embroidery, taught by my mum, but they are quite slow going so I moved onto dressmaking were I think my biggest achievement was making my wedding dress.  Watercolour painting is something else I tried but the pictures never looked quite right.  From there I went onto porcelain doll making which I really enjoyed.  I like the fact that there are so many skills and techniques to learn just to make one doll, but I could also use the skills that I'd already learnt.  Unfortunately it's an expensive hobby and when the children came along I had to stop.  I still have the kiln in the garden shed so who knows!  

My introduction to paper craft was when Create and Craft first came on the TV, I bought a few things for my daughter and ended up getting hooked myself.  Like doll making it satisfies the need for different techniques but is a lot cheaper.  Along with my card making and altered projects I also make novelty birthday cakes on demand for family and friends.  I've also taught card making classes at my local craft shop and loved ever minute of it.  This made me think that a blog would be good so that I could share what I've been doing with other crafters although I'm still getting to grips with it as I'm not really good with computers, but I can see how it can become addictive!

********

Here's the 3d boat that Sally made for the challenge,
isn't it fantastic with that under water collage inside?


If you'd like to see more of Sally's work please pop
over to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafty background Sally!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx