Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Spotlight on Linda Barton - Top 5 from challenge 5


For our current challenge "ANIMALS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "OH I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE".  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.


Hi Clarity fans,  I was really pleased to be chosen in the top 5 with my entry which was actually version 2.  On the first version I tried to stamp some dolphins in the background adapting a mini flourish from the birdcage set but they ended up looking more like jumping salmon!  So I gave up on that idea and decided to attempt a pier of some kind.  It took me back a few years and reminded me of seaside holidays as a child.  I always used to love walking down a pier if there was one and looking out to sea.

I'm really enjoying my stamping now, it's taken me quite a while to get into it, but there are so many different techniques to try out (and different stamps to buy) I'm finding it's really interesting and starting to get addictive.  It's a great way to unwind, I have the radio on in the background and I can easily loose myself for a good few hours.

I love the classroom shows, as I don't travel well so it would be unlikely I would ever get to a workshop, but I've learnt so much from Barbara in these shows and bought many of the sets, so long may they continue.

I enjoy taking part in the different challenges as I like trying to make something from a theme someone else has chosen. Sometimes it doesn't take too long to create, but more often it takes me quite a while. I always start with a picture in my mind and try and create that, I'm very determined so will keep going even if things don't go well to start with.  I eventually get there even if what comes out at the end isn't the same picture I started out with in my mind!

I'm lucky enough to have my own craft room but it's quite small as there is so much stuff essential craft equipment in there,  I do have to be organised although you wouldn't say that when I'm in the middle of a project as I feel like a mad professor.  Out comes my Clarity stamp folder and stamp boxes, ink pads, lots of different die packs, etc as I try different things out.  Within ten minutes of me starting I look around and can't believe someone has sneakily come into the room and trashed it while I wasn't looking!  

Anyway enough babble from me, good luck with the current challenge everyone and a big thank you for all of the wonderful inspiration from the DT and fellow Clarity stampers.

********

Here's the card that Linda created for the challenge and
we think you'll agree that she really thought
outside the box for this one didn't she?



Linda entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could so the same too!

********


Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx