Monday, 19 August 2013

Spotlight on Gemma Griffiths - Top 5 from challenge 5


For our current challenge "ANIMALS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "OH I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE".  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and you never know it could be you in the spotlight next month.



Hi I'm Gemma, I'm 34 and I live in Southampton with my wonderful little dog, Tina the Terrier, who occasionally runs off with part of one of my creations in her mouth!  I love dog walking, crafting, cooking, reading, going to the gym and the beach.

I was always into 'making things' when I was a child and made bobbin lace from the age of 8 as well as cross stitch.  I gave up when it 'wasn't cool' as a teenager!  I enjoyed design technology at school, mainly textiles and food technology as I didn't consider myself to be any good at art as I don't think I can draw.

I started crafting again as an adult about 10 years ago when I saw a magazine in a shop and thought I'd have a go at making some cards from the projects inside.  I then got hooked and got into scrapbooking and altered art too.  I've made some mohair bears with different bear artists but leave that to the professionals now and just collect theirs instead (I have quite a few).

I went off the boil with craft a bit about 3 years ago. However, I found one of Barbara's shows on Create and Craft when it came onto Virgin a few months ago and I have been hooked ever since!  I've learnt so much from her classroom shows and DVD's, you can tell that she used to be a teacher.  I love the quality of the stamps, it was buying poor quality ones in the past that had put me off stamping as I spoiled too many cards and scrapbook pages.  

I went to the Clarity workshop at West Meon in July and had a great day and as a result I've ironed out a few issues I had with brayering!

So here I am now....  I've started my own crafty blog and I'm really glad I took the plunge.  I love looking at other peoples blogs and wanted to give something back by sharing my inspiration.  

I was really pleased to be chosen in the top 5 in my second ever challenge, I'm thinking up ideas for the next one now.

Thanks for taking the time to read a little bit about me and my crafting.


Here's the decorated mirror that Gemma made for the
challenge.  What a great use of sand paper to create
the beach!


If you'd like to see more of Gemma's work please
pop over to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Gemma!




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx