Thursday, 1 August 2013

Challenge 6


Is it August already?  The children have broken up from school and everyone is enjoying the sunshine. Have you got a lot of activities planned to keep them busy or are you a grandparent that just gets to spoil them?

We've had more Clarity workshops with Barbara this month in both Perth and West Meon.  Everyone that came along had great fun as well as learning new techniques to take away and use in future projects.

Barbara has now finished recording her latest DVD, which she jokingly said she's going to call "Clarity - The Next Generation". We will all have to watch this space on that one, won't we?

We've got the "In The Classroom" show on Saturday 3rd August and the Clarity shows on Create and Craft on Sunday 4th August.  Have you sent in your homework for teacher?


If you follow Clarity on our new fan page on Facebook, you will have seen that we're having a give away.  If you haven't seen it yet don't worry you've still got time to put your name down as it doesn't close until 28th August.  There have been a couple of picture clues to the give away so far, see whether you can guess what it is!

********

The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 can be found in the post below.

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout August:

Animals
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

So with the holidays in full swing, you may be thinking about taking the children on a trip to the zoo, a day out at the beach with the dog or a visit to a butterfly farm.

For this challenge we'd love to see your projects reflecting all of the beautiful Clarity animals. We're also including birds and insects in this challenge so that you have plenty of scope to choose from.

So grab the dog's lead, the horse's harness or the butterfly net and come and join in the challenge.  You could be the winner of the £50 Clarity voucher.  Sound tempting?

The Clarity stamp challenge design team have had their own ideas on this theme too and they have really diversified with some of their projects this month.  If you'd like to know which stamps they've used please visit their personal blogs by clicking on their projects.







the top view



view of the crackle

(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 4)


Hi I'm Elaine and I live in Southampton with my very own Mr T.

I started crafting when I was younger getting an 'O' level in art at school.  I began knitting myself jumpers and then progressed onto making baby clothes.  My mum is a dress maker so perhaps some of her ability to play with materials rubbed off on me.  I used to do a lot of cross stitch and also made quilt.

We had a brilliant craft shop nearby when I lived in Bicester and that's where I got into rubber stamping.  I was a Brownie leader at that time and I'd stamp up paper for the girls to colour in and make Christmas, Mothers Day and Fathers Day cards.  The girls always loved to take something home.

I seriously got into card making 3 years ago, to be honest cross stitch and wearing bifocals don't get on that well, and I found that stamping was a good way of being artistic and it's become my hobby.  A year ago I watched Barbara Gray on Crate and Craft and I was hooked.  It all looked east, I tried it, it wasn't, so I bought her DVD's and then things fell into place (plus having a giggle at the out takes).

Mr T has encouraged me all the way to be creative and bought me a subscription to the Clarity New Design Club at Christmas.  I love the challenge every month and was flabbergasted when I won, many thanks to Lisa for prompting me to look.

Here's Elaine's card for this month's challenge:


********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you

claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st August (GMT) to enter.


xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



12 comments:

  1. Fab design Elaine, so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, such beautiful cards, I'll have to get my thinking "cat" on for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicate pretty design Elaine!! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration for this months challenge ladies and such a diverse selection too.

    Thanks to Elaine for being our guest designer and also for bringing us such a fab card. Those white butterflies look so pretty against your pink background :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Elaine. Those parchment butterflies look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful elegant card Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many entries, and all fabulous good luck everyone :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I emailed my entry early this afternoon, but I can't see it pictured on the list.Have I still been entered?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to add that all the stamps I used were Clarity stamps. The hares and Toadstool came from the toadstool kit, the flowers came from the bunny kit, and the branch came with the Birdhouse kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All email entries have now been added, apologies to those that were missing but I was running a workshop yesterday.

    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx