Saturday, 13 July 2013

Spotlight on Doreen Sympson - Top 5 from challenge 4


For our current challenge "OH I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to our top 5 from the last challenge "MR & MRS".  We hope you enjoy reading about their crafting journey and it could be you in the spotlight next month.



I live on the south coast in a village called Bracklesham Bay with my husband Derek. 

I started crafting the way many of us do with my mother teaching me to knit and sew at a very young age.

I've done most things like clothes making, quilting and lace making to mention but a few.  I never once thought I would be addicted to stamping as much as I now find myself thanks to Barbara and her brilliant lessons!

A friend of mine who like the cards I make using kits etc said one day that I might like to watch Barbara on C&C, but this was quite a way before the lessons started.  I thought there was no harm in watching as my friend had hyped Barbara up so much I felt compelled to watch.  Well that was it, once seen never forgotten and I was hooked!

The first time I met Barbara was at Alexandra Palace and I think I must have spent most of the money I took with me on the Clarity stand and have been buying her stamps and slowly learning the techniques ever since.

I had my first workshop last year and I'm going again to the West Meon workshop this year.  I hope next year to be able to go to the Cowden retreat, funds permitting.

I was so proud to have come in the top 5 and could not stop telling people and was grinning like a Cheshire cat all day at work

********

Here's the card Doreen entered into the challenge
and we loved how she masked the love birds so
that they were nestling in the trees



Doreen entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

Thank you for sharing your crafting story with us Doreen

********


Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


5 comments:

  1. I started much the same way Doreen, and I have my first workshop coming up in August at Nottingham... I'm so excited. I hope too to attend a retreat one day too!

    Your card is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Doreen and brilliant idea too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Doreen! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really romantic card Doreen! Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely delightful artwork Doreen! But your work always is. You are one talented lady, and I look forward to spending time with you again in West Meon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx