Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Spotlight on Dawn Lawson - Top 5 from challenge 4


For our current challenge "OH I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 from challenge four "MR & MRS".  We hope you enjoy reading about our crafters and maybe it could be you next month.



I live just outside of Edinburgh with my very tolerant husband of 23 years, Mark, and our fantastic 3 children.  I've never been able to draw or paint but I've done lots of different crafts since I was little, having been taught to knit and crochet by my Mum and Grandmothers from a very early age. I also used to embroider BC (before children).

My other passion is cycling and belong to a women's cycling club in Edinburgh, Hervelo, and love planning routes and taking part in cycling events and sportives.  Needless to say I don't have any time for housework!  My husband has also developed the same interest over the last 18 months and this is where my inspiration came from for my card for this challenge!

I've made cards for a very long time using pressed flowers and stamps.  I took a bit of a break when the kids were little but Clarity stamps have reinvigorated my love of card making and stamping with their amazing range.  I just happened across "In the Classroom" one day, it was the split tree lesson and I was hooked.

Having joined the New Design Club last year I knew I wanted to make use of my "be the change" stamp.  I also wanted to practise my promarker colouring skills so decided to use the butterfly from the pretty petals kit.  Throw that together with my favourite colours and here's what I came up with.  I'm very traditional, don't think out of the box easily, but am always inspired by the amazing artwork the people submit on the Clarity website and facebook page.

********

Here's Dawn's anniversary card to her husband which was
inspired by their love for cycling


If you'd like to see more of Dawn's work please pop
over to her blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafty background Dawn!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx