Thursday, 27 June 2013

Spotlight on Theresa Pace - Top 5 from challenge 3


For our current challenge "MR & MRS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 from challenge three "IT'S ALL IN THE SENTIMENT".  We hope you enjoy reading about our crafters and maybe it could be you next month.



Hello, I'm Theresa a mother of two boys that keep me on my toes.  I first discovered paper crafting when I was on maternity leave with my first son.  From then my addiction has grown and taken over both myself and our house.

I've always crafted in one shape or another ever since I was a child.  I remember knitting, crocheting and tapestries, however what I really aspired to was to be able to paint.  As a child I used to watch my mum paint, it was something she used to do on a Sunday afternoon.  She'd get her easel and paints out and I was mesmerised by her artists palette and oil paints.  I loved looking at all the different colours and shades you could obtain by mixing them together.  Alas, I still can't paint but I love colouring and I find myself absorbed in this process if left to my own devices.  I forget everything and many times I don't even stop for a drink.  When I colour it transports me back to those warm afternoons when I'd be in the yard with my mum whilst she painted.  I find I hold my pen funnily, more like a brush and I tend to use strokes rather than continuous lines.

Since I've discovered Clarity stamps my addiction has flourished and I think it's all because it taps into my childhood memories.  I find myself buying stamps because I can see pictures in my head and I know what I want to do with them. That doesn't mean I always do it, sometimes I could have had a stamp for months before I use it!

My two biggest enemies are impatience and perfectionism, they don't go very well together.  So this hobby of mine can be very frustrating at times but then I'm also headstrong and won't let it beat me.  All I can add is that it keeps me sane as I have a stressful job, so I eagerly await my days off so I can be transported into a different world that helps me recharge my batteries and continue dealing with the everyday challenges.

********

Here's Theresa's card using the shell corner to
form a frame around her verse


Theresa entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

Thank you for sharing your story with us Theresa

********


Send your entries to us at:

Claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

You don't have to miss out because you don't have a blog!

********


xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Theresa. Gorgeous colouring. I echo your profile, I can't draw either and the stamps have opened up a whole new way for me to be able to express what's in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about your hobby and your love of colour....I inherit nothing arty from either of my parents the closest I can say is my Granddad was a decorator! So I can understand your love of watching your Mum paint and hence your wide understanding of how colours work. xxx I always look for your art work and I am so pleased to see you as one of our top five....I have no doubt it won't be the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much bernie. i hope i don't have to do a profile every time! ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on coming in the top 5 Theresa, well deserved, this is a beautiful card and the colours are superb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so interesting blog. You are best listing knowledge provide at this site. I am very excited read this nice article. You can visit my website.
    stamps buy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx