Monday, 10 June 2013

Spotlight on Sue Cramp - Top 5 from challenge 3


For our current challenge "MR & MRS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 from challenge three "IT'S ALL IN THE SENTIMENT".  We hope you enjoy reading about our crafters and maybe you could be you next month.



I live in lovely south Norfolk with my husband Barry and we both work voluntarily as priests in the 6 villages which are part of our group.  We also enjoy gardening and grow almost all of our own vegetables.

As a child I loved making patterns with a Spirograph but otherwise you really couldn't call me a crafter, my worst Christmas and birthday presents being knitting and sewing kits!  At school my artwork and needlework always seemed to be somewhat lacking in talent.

As an adult I discovered that I could knit, sew and crochet and I made several of my own clothes.  I also loved doing cross stitch and many of the family have some of my efforts in their homes.  More recently I've found that I really enjoy making cards.  It began when we first bought a freeview box and I was flicking through the channels and found people demonstrating card making.  I decided that I'd like to have a go and bought some card, patterned paper and toppers.  Although I wouldn't describe myself as an artist I found that I could bring all these things together to make a card I was willing to send to someone!

Then I watched Barbara Gray demonstrate her techniques and have been hooked ever since.  I was amazed that she could start with a blank card, stamps and ink and create such beautiful artwork.  I now watch all Barbara's shows for inspiration.  Joining the New Design Club over a year ago has also taught me lots of new techniques and I've thoroughly enjoyed the Cowden retreats in 2012 and 2013.  Earlier this year I discovered Clarity Stampers East which are workshops run by Janet Pring and I try to get to as many as I can as this gives me another wonderful source of inspiration plus some lovely cards to take home.

I've only recently discovered the online world of blogging and competitions and it's great to have a whole new crafty world to explore.  I'm in the process of creating my own blog and would be delighted if you came to have a look.

The Clarity Stamp Challenge has encouraged me to develop my paper crafting skills and to try out new things.  I often wish I had more time for crafting and must set aside more time to get ink and glue on my fingers.  I made this card for our eldest daughter's wedding anniversary and was delighted to find that it had been chosen in the top five.

********

Here's the card that Sue made for her eldest daughter's
wedding anniversary.  She's certainly picked up lots
of tips and techniques hasn't she?


If you'd like to see more of Sue's work please pop over
to her new blog and have a look around


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Sue!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sue ...and thank you so much for sharing a bit about you...I always find it interesting to find out how other people came to craft. And what inspires them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay! Well done Sue, lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet - you got a mention too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx