Monday, 24 June 2013

Spotlight on Angela Simpson - Top 5 from challenge 3


For our current challenge "MR & MRS" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 from challenge 3 "IT'S ALL IN THE SENTIMENT".  We hope you enjoy reading about our crafters and maybe it could be you next month.



Hi, my name's Angela and I live near Reading in Berkshire.  I've been crafting almost since I was knee  high to a grass hopper! My mum used to knit and sew when my sister and I were young and I was keen to follow her lead.  She taught me by making outfits for my dolls, but as I grew older my dolls were left with a dated wardrobe whilst I spent time on outfits for me.  When I moved into my own property I also made curtains and other home furnishings.

My sister moved to Florida back in the 1980's and on the numerous visits to her I became hooked on cross stitch and sewed many a picture.  The biggest undertaking being a bridal scene, complete with seed pearls for my parents 40th wedding anniversary.

My addiction with card making first started when the company I was working for made my role redundant about eight years ago.  My artistic sister had been making cards for a while and with unexpected time on my hands I decided to have a go too. The rest, as they say, is history.  I now have oodles of crafting goodies and make all my cards.  I have also put together a couple of scrapbooks and have piles of photos waiting to find their way into a scrapbook.  I've set up a blog and also started running classes and hope to be able to do a lot more of these.

I first came across Barbara and Clarity Stamp when I was urged to watch Create and Craft by a fellow craft addict.  Well I was mesmerised, especially by Barbara's skills with a brayer! Whilst at the NEC a few years ago I went straight to the Clarity stand and spent ages watching Barbara and was given membership to the New Design Club as a Christmas present from my parents.  What a present that has proven to be.  I joined Barbara's workshop at West Meon last year and was blessed to be able to attend one of the retreats at Cowden this year which was great fun and very instructive.  I've got lots of Clarity stamps and am venturing into the world of Gelli plates and paint which is testing my need for perfection!

I was amazed and have to admit to being elated at being chosen as one of the top five and it has given me more confidence to progress the crafty side of my life.  Thank you to everyone who commented on my card, it meant a lot to me.

********

Here's Angela's card which highlights her
favourite Clarity verse and the leafy swirl
which frames it superbly 


If you'd like to see more of Angela's work please
pop over to her blog and take a look


Thanks for sharing your crafting background Angela!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx