Friday, 17 May 2013

Spotlight on Rosemary Hardy - Top 5 from Challenge 2


For our current challenge "IT'S ALL IN THE SENTIMENT" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 winners from challenge 2 "IN THE GARDEN".  We've already had the first two of our spotlight posts, so here we are with number three.



Hi I'm Rosemary and I'll be 64 years young in October.  I've been married to Keith for 45 years and we have 2 sons.  I had John for my 21st and Douglas for my 22nd birthday.  After that I asked for presents!

In the photo of me above I'm wearing my Christmas cook's hat 2012 - they made me wear it!!!!

I'm a knitter, both hand and machine, and enjoy other crafts such as jewellery making.  When the boys were young I made their clothes and mine with a hand sewing machine before moving onto an electric sewing machine.  I still do a bit of sewing and knitting now.

I started card making when there was a birthday at work and usually I would only remember right at the last minute and have to make a card at home.  I used my computer and printed out a card and then added ribbons and peel offs.  I would then add a photo sometimes as a topper and the words I would make up depending on the subject.  That's how I got into card making.

I've moved on from there now to stamping and embossing and trying lots of different things and love to make Christmas and birthday cards for both family and friends.  I've not mastered the brayer yet but keep having a go, but use brushes to do the background instead if the brayer isn't working for me.

Since I retired from working at a large school, I'm doing more with stamps and techniques and joined the Clarity New Design Club last November.  My granddaughter Natasha joined the year before and on some of her days off she comes round and we have a craft day.

This was the second time of entering the Clarity Challenge and also the first competition I've ever entered where I've been chosen in the top 5.  I like watching Barbara on Create and Craft but record the shows to watch in peace and quiet later as my husband comes to watch with me and he laughs so much at the antics that I miss some of what's going on!  Keith enjoys the show and likes the way Barbara uses the stamps so cleverly.  I'm also enjoying Clarity "Take Two" for the hints and tips.

********

Here's Rosemary's card where she's cleverly stacked the pots
on top of each other.  The verse is one that Rosemary has
created herself and the background has been taken
of her husband Keith's flowers

Rosemary entered the challenge via email as she doesn't have
a blog so you could do the same too!

Thank you for sharing your story with us Rosemary

********

Look for our email address in right hand side bar to enter
the challenges.  You don't have to miss out because you
don't have a blog!


********



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx