Sunday, 12 May 2013

Spotlight on Julie Little - Top 5 from Challenge 2


For our current challenge "IT'S ALL IN THE SENTIMENT" please click here.

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 winners from challenge two "IN THE GARDEN".  We've already seen the first of our posts this month, so here's the second.



I live in a converted barn in beautiful countryside near Barnsley with my husband Michael, son Joe, daughter Alice and beautiful granddaughter Marley who's 22 months old.We run a small business so life's extremely hectic juggling hours at work and attempting to keep our very busy home running.

It's difficult to say when I first started crafting as I've dabbled in a lot of crafty things over the years, starting as a child with my lovely sister Suzanne.  We tried everything that was around at the time including the potters wheel, plasticraft, beads, those wire flowers with the glaze you used to dip into that I can't remember the name of and of course knitting and crocheting.  We also helped our lovely Mum with her dressmaking and were both very good at laying out patterns and doing the cutting out by the time we were knee high.

We first started to make our own cards many years ago when Joe was about 7 (he's now 20).  There was very little crafting materials around at that time but we had fun trying.  Now there's so many products and materials available that it's mind boggling but we're gradually trying out as many techniques as we can.

I stumbled upon Barbara on Create and Craft last November when she was making the card with the deer scene and the reflection.  I was transfixed that I didn't even think to hit record!I've been hooked ever since and gradually building my collection of Clarity stamps which are fabulous.  My gorgeous nephew Louis (8) is addicted to Clarity stamps too.  We've had a few 'family' workshops and he entered the first challenge with me, Louis is a superstar with the sponge.  Little Marley likes watching Barbara on the TV and always says "Oh wow!" when she sees the results.  She especially loved the bunnies and chicks and made her own Easter cards.  Her colouring needs a little work but I definitely have a budding apprentice.

I love Barbara's demos and DVDs and her total enthusiasm.  I joined the April classroom, crafting along live and the results aren't too bad.  I learnt loads and am looking forward to the next classroom.  She's a real inspiration and so are all the ladies and gents who share their fabulous work on the Clarity stamp facebook page, website and challenge blog.  My head is completely full of ideas to try, my only problem is finding enough time to play.  I find crafting very therapeutic and it really helps me to de-stress.

It was a lovely surprise to have my card selected in the top 5, especially as I am still a stamping novice.  Many thanks for the inspiration that the challenge gives us all xx

********

Here's Julie's garden scene showing us several
techniques such as masking and pointillism.
We definitely don't think you're a novice Julie!


Julie entered the challenge via email as she doesn't
have a blog so you could do the same too!

Thank you for sharing your story with us Julie

********

Look for our email address in the right hand side bar to enter
the challenges.  You don't have to miss out because you
don't have a blog!


********


xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx