Monday, 27 May 2013

Spotlight on Jo Rice - Top 5 from Challenge 2


For our current challenge "IT'S ALL IN THE SENTIMENT" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 winners from challenge two "IN THE GARDEN".  We've already had four out of the five so here we are with the final one before we announce the new winner and top 5 from the current challenge.

********



Although originally from Kendal in the Lake District, I now live in Cheadle Hulme in Cheshire with my husband Karl, our two sons Adam and Mikey and our wonderful labrador Tess.

I'm a 49 year old craftaholic (I had to get that in as it's my last chance as tomorrow will be my birthday).

I've crafted from an early age, tried a variety of things and am always eager to try something new.  As a cub leader for many years I had the opportunity to craft with, and pass on knowledge to, the cubs.

After illness made me give up my job as a Therapy Radiographer at the Christie Hospital in Manchester, I found more time to craft, was introduced to Create and Craft and to Clarity stamps.  I first met Barbara at the NEC in Birmingham and was hooked and have never looked back.  I love to stamp and especially love the crispness of Clarity stamps.  I'm learning to love my brayer (with lessons from the wonderful Maria Simms) but poor Billy Brayer still spends most of his time in his box!

My favourite type of card is one that starts as a white piece of paper and evolves as I play.  I love to learn lots of new techniques and see what my fellow crafters get up to.  In The Classroom with Barbara once a month on a Saturday morning is one of my all time favourite shows and I love to watch, learn and then have a play and send some homework to teacher.  My other passion is pyrography (burning pictures and words into wood) and I find it a very relaxing way to spend my time.

I'm fairly new to the world of blogging, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.  I was thrilled to be in the top 5 for the second Clarity challenge and what was even better is that it was the first card that I'd ever made using my Gelli plate.  Do you have one?  I have to say I do love to create using it, the only thing is I have to wash everything at the end.  Sorry, but I do like clean crafting, daft I know but that's me.....

Have you entered this month's challenge?  I do hope so!  If not please go along and have a look at the entries so far and there are some truly inspirational pieces of work from the design team too.

********

Here's Jo's card using her Gelli plate, doesn't it look fab?  I bet you want one now don't you?  If you do you'll find them here along with hints and tips and tutorials


If you'd like to see more of Jo's creations
you can visit her blog


Thanks for sharing your crafty story with us Jo
and Happy 50th Birthday for tomorrow!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



2 comments:

  1. Lovely to learn more about you, Jo and Happy 50th Birthday,for tomorrow xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY 50 Now old girl! but a Cracking card for the challenge. Thank you very much for entering and hopefully it wont be too long till we get to play....errr I mean craft together again ! Such fun. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx