Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Challenge 3


Welcome to a new month and a new challenge here at Clarity Stamp Challenge.

How has your April been?  Busy?  Did you enjoy the first "In the Classroom" with Barbara at the beginning of the month?  I bet you're all eager for the next one aren't you?  Not too much longer to wait as she'll be on your screens on Saturday 4th May and then again on Sunday 5th May.

How many of you bought more Clarity goodies with free postage and packaging throughout April?  I won't tell if you don't!!!

********

We had some gorgeous entries into our second challenge "In the Garden" and you'll find the winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 picks in the post below.

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout May:

It's All In The Sentiment
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

We all love to make cards but we mostly focus on the images we use and not the sentiment, so for this challenge we'd  like to see your sentiments made the shining star of your projects, using your Clarity sentiments of course!  

Here are the Clarity Stamp Challenge design team with a bit of inspiration to get you started.  If you want to know what stamps they've used on their projects please visit their personal blogs, by clicking on their names, for more details.











Bernie


Naomi


Dawn Lawson
(Guest Designer)


Not only was I lucky enough to get picked as the winner of the first Clarity Stamp Challenge "Anything Goes", but I also get the opportunity to be the guest designer for this challenge as well.  How lucky am !?

I live just outside of Edinburgh with my very tolerant husband of nearly 23 years, Mark, and our fantastic 3 children.  I've never been able to draw or paint but I've done lots of different crafts since I was little, having been taught to knit and crochet by my Mum and Grandmothers from a very early age. I also used to embroider BC (before children).

My other passion is cycling.  I cycle with a women's cycling club in Edinburgh, Hervelo, and love planning routes and taking part in cycling events and sportives.  Needless to say I don't have any time for housework!

I've made cards for a very long time using pressed flowers and stamps.  I took a bit of a break when the kids were little but Clarity stamps have reinvigorated my love of card making and stamping with their amazing range.  I just happened across "In the Classroom" one day, it was the split tree lesson and I was hooked.

Having joined the New Design Club last year I knew I wanted to make use of my "be the change" stamp.  I also wanted to practise my promarker colouring skills so decided to use the butterfly from the pretty petals kit.  Throw that together with my favourite colours and here's what I came up with.  I'm very traditional, don't think out of the box easily, but am always inspired by the amazing artwork the people submit on the Clarity website and facebook page.

Good luck with the challenge, you never know it could be you getting an amazingly generous £50 voucher to spend on your favourite stamps.

Please visit Dawn's blog


to see more of her great work

*********

Here's Dawns card for this months challenge:


There are several ways of entering the challenge.
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com and we will enter it for you

If you have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can all make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st May (GMT) to enter.


xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



3 comments:

  1. Lovely DT cards again Ladies really inspirational. Congratulations to Dawn too what a lovely card. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful samples from your dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a great challenge and for sharing the wonderful DT creations! hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx