Thursday, 4 April 2013

Spotlight on Julie Owens - Top 5 from Challenge 1


For our current challenge "IN THE GARDEN" please click here

********

We thought it would be nice to have spotlight posts throughout the month dedicated to the top 5 winners from challenge 1 "ANYTHING GOES".  So here is the first of our top 5 to tell us a little bit about herself.



I've been married to my wonderful hubby for nearly 27 years and have 2 sons who are now 25 and 18 and I'm so proud of them.  I'm also doting Mum to Spike the scruffy Yorkie, Snowball our little white cat and Gypsy a big fluffy black one who likes to cuddle up and hold hands/paws.

I've loved all types of arts and crafts since as far back as I can remember, colouring and sewing with Mum, knitting with Nan and calligraphy with my Dad.  I became a florist when I left school and taught myself pyrography (wood burning) about 15 years ago which I really love to do.  I have a reputation for taking too many photos and now have thousands, so I've quite a few scrapbook albums on the go with photos and memories of my past and present family.  My Nan also collected postcards as a girl from 1914 onwards, many of which were sent during the first world war, so another ongoing project I have is scanning and printing them all and putting them all into albums along with old photographs telling their family story.  I like to combine all of my crafts to make embellishments for my albums.

I've watched Barbara on Create and Craft for years and would have loved to have bought all of the lesson stamps so I could join in and send in "homework" but unfortunately funds didn't allow but I've enjoyed watching them nonetheless and never miss any.  My husband bought me a Clarity Club membership as a present last Christmas which has been the best present ever as I really look forward to my new stamp each month.

The shades of blue and grey challenge was the first challenge I'd entered at Christmas and I used my quirky cottage club stamp as it was the only Clarity stamp I had, a good a reason as any I suppose!  I was then lucky enough to win the next "Love" challenge so had a £50 voucher to spend on lots of lovely Clarity stamps.

I started my blog in November of 2012 - Bluebell Woodcrafts - and for my new years resolution I decided to enter some blog challenges (much easier to keep than trying to lose weight!!!)  I've entered a few challenges so far but this is the first time I've been picked for a top 5 so I was absolutely thrilled to see my card had been chosen.  My dream would be to make crafting my job, you never know, one day....


********

Here's Julie's fairytale card, which I think you'll agree looks gorgeous with the glimmer of the glitter pen doesn't it?  We also loved how Julie drew her own tree around the owl stamp.


If you'd like to see more of Julie's work please pop over to her blog and have a look around


Thank you for giving us an insight into both your life and crafting background Julie!



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



11 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, great card - loved your sky! Well done on being picked as a top 5 entry. Good idea with the Clarity Club membership as a Christmas present - you get a gift every month for a year, how fab is that! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, that's a great card and congratulations one being chosen as a top 5 entry. Glad your are part of the project club - I wait eagerly every month for my to arrive.
    Good luck with your future challenges and hope you continue to take part in ours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, congratulations a well deserved top 5, I really loved your card. Well done and I hope you will keep entering the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Julie - what a lovely card. So glad to hear that you were able to add to your Clarity stash with your voucher from the Love challenge. Keep up the good work, we look forward to seeing more of your work in future challenges. So clever to add your own artwork to the card.
    Congratulations to a very worthy Top 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Julie on being in the top 5!
    I loved your card...the colour, the composition, the whole flippin lot! I am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future! Well done to you! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely comments ladies! I'm new to all this - challenges and blogs - but I'm really enjoying it and seeing what my new friends who live in my computer have been up to as well!!
    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being in the top 5 Julie. It's such a magical card and I love your style. I look forward to seeing what you come up with this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Julie. This is a great idea and I'm looking forward to finding out more about such talented people. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your card Julie, your artwork and freehand drawing is really clever. Wonderful pyrography projects on your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fabulous card. Love it! Very well done.
    Love Lynn.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for your kind comments xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx